RUDE MOOD Amplifiers

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by randelli, Oct 13, 2010.

1. mudfinger

mudfinger Thanks for the memories! V.I.P. Member

Fair enough if you want to compare the Mood to any particular amp, or the Rude to any particular amp, but the only way I can see to make any meaningful comparison of the Rude Mood to anything else is to match it up against a dual-amp rig.

Mine is set up to work like a Super/Deluxe (Mood), and a Bassman (Rude). My vintage Deluxe does something very special, and still has a place at the table, but I can't even begin to imagine lugging around a Super and a Bassman to gigs.

For me, that is the ultimate compliment; Randelli gave us a legit Fender-style multi-amp rig in a box that is smaller than my Deluxe.

Thank you, Randy! :wave:

4 people like this.
  2. River

River Senior Member

Indeed. With the Rude's Drive and Volume just past noon, and both side's "master" volume roughly equal, I can control which of the two dominates with just my right hand on the guitar. And there's a lot of dirt there, at a volume that's cafe'-gig reasonable.

Pretty cool.

3 people like this.
  3. River

River Senior Member

RM in action at my biggest (and bestest, funnest) gig yet. Outdoor patio, about 50 patrons, lots of dancing, and I went full wireless (guitar and mic). The tone was just fantastic (from clean-with-hair through Thorogood/Zeppelin), both sides' volume about 1 o'clock.

[​IMG]

4. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Good to see you out having fun!!

2 people like this.
  5. tex_lt

tex_lt Banned

Great pic!!!!:dude:

1 person likes this.
  6. tex_lt

tex_lt Banned

007 is now in the living room! The wife didn't even complain. :hmm: Time to wake the neighbors!

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. randelli

randelli Senior Member

What a great stand! Love the double bound tele as well.

This post is full of WIN :thumb:

8. mudfinger

mudfinger Thanks for the memories! V.I.P. Member

Courtesy of Jessie Frank, engineer extraordinaire:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByQyfLMPj-lRU3otUHgxRG5lSUE/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

That's not a permanent link, so enjoy it while it lasts! I'm not too excited about my playing, but that's because this is a recording of me just fooling around during mic setup. That said, it's the clip that best shows off how touch sensitive, sparkly, and sweet the Rude Mood is when running on clean settings both sides.

Perhaps someone can DL the file and find a permanent home for it? Good times! :thumb:

9. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Member

I finally found another Peavey Classic 115e 1x15 cab and decide I was going to make a 2x15 stack with my Rude Mood. One cab has an Eminence Big Ben (Rude) and the other cab has an Eminence Legend 1518 (Mood). The combination of the 10s and 15s is beautiful.

I thought the Eminence speakers would over power the Weber speakers because both the Eminence speakers have a sensitivity rating over 100db, but they mixed well. The Legend has a little more bass. Since the Rude side is louder than the Mood side, to hear them at the same level I put the Mood side up a little higher when clean. The Mood side fills in the Rude side for distortion.

I've included a couple of the pictures. I plan to set this up in my music room with the Rude Mood in the middle and the two cabs further out on either side. I'm hoping to create my own cave of music :dude:.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  10. Funstuie

Funstuie Member

Whats the cost of these amps?

11. randelli

randelli Senior Member

12. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Worth it. I own #10 :).

Bump for such a cool amp that should be more popular.

4 people like this.
  13. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Member

I have just been hit with some financial issue and am selling off a lot of my amps and guitars. :( I am selling my gear locally, but for those amps that have shipping boxes or touring cases I am opening it up to online. I have RudeMood #9 with a 4 Ohm/8 Ohm switch and extension cabinet. It is in perfect shape. I have the original molded foam shipping boxes. If my other gear sells first I'll keep the RudeMood, but until then the RudeMood is for sale. If interested let me know.

14. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Member

Unfortunately, the amp sold. New happy owner is having a blast.

15. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Just curious, but what's the current status of the Rude Mood? I mean, is Randy still building them, still for sale, etc? I really do think that they should be more popular, but it's been about a year since I've seen any new info.

I'd do my part to popularize the amp, but then I'm not a great player and have very little time to play these days (partly because I spend most of my free time riding motorcycles now).

16. Billy Stokes

Billy Stokes Junior Member

17. Billy Stokes

Billy Stokes Junior Member