RUDE MOOD Amplifiers

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by randelli, Oct 13, 2010.

1. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Are you working on Black Betty?? That would be a good addition to your set, nice and raw, and fun to sing along to as well.

I love my Alvarez Yairi through the RM I usually take the RUDE master all the way up and then barely crack the drive and volume to get a decent clean to add to the MOOD.

1 person likes this.
  2. River

River Senior Member

No, our set list is full up for the time being. For acoustic, I run the Rude Drive and Volume at 9 o'clock. That introduces a bit of hair, but the pickup's not driving it very hard, and that little bit of hair sounds good for our stuff.

3. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Yep, 9:00 for just a little hair, a red one ;)

You should hear the dragonfly66 setup with the OT's set to 4 ohms. Man oh man it sounds sweet! Getting things in line for Eric's 010 next.

4 people like this.
  4. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Keep us posted on the progress :).

5. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

Double digits ! Finally. Congrats Randelli and Eric.

3 people like this.
  6. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Working on 10 this morning, might be able to wrap it up and get into testing mode :)

This will help: Dumpstaphunk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCyFPnu2hZc]Dumpstaphunk - Lt. Dan, Put It In The Dumpsta, Everybody Want Sum, Fight The Power 5/5/11 NOLA @ CAC - YouTube[/ame]

2 people like this.
  7. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Sooo...inquiring minds want to know how the testing is coming, if at all :). Fire her up yet???

8. randelli

randelli Senior Member

I did get it soldered up late Sunday night and was able to do the preliminary troubleshooting. I have not been able to play through it yet - just testing with dummy loads at this point. So far so good!

1 person likes this.
  9. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Very cool :thumb:

10. randelli

randelli Senior Member

You know, Josh, There are only so many "likes" allowed before you have to buy one.

;)

3 people like this.
  11. chriseskew24

chriseskew24 Senior Member

12. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Stop distracting him, he's got important work to accomplish! ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. randelli

randelli Senior Member

strum, noodle, bend
    smile, wink, and blend
    turn it up and then
    big smile once again
    ten

3 people like this.
  14. randelli

randelli Senior Member

#010 is ready to be packed up and shipped out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to find a pesky finish washer that rolled somewhere; but then it is off to the land of hula.

4 people like this.
  15. randelli

randelli Senior Member

I had some time today, at home (very rare these days), all alone (wimmens be shoppin), with not much else to do. I put #10 through the normal wrap-up paces and liked the particular setting - so I thought I would share a video.

I am using my pawnshop Epiphone G-400 SG with upgraded pots and caps, with a MHD Asylum in the neck and Walter in the bridge.The guitar sounds great - me not so much. I need to spend more time playing guitar and less time working so I can get some chops back....

Anyway, I did like moving between neck and bridge pups and adjusting the tone knobs from 2 - 8, to get the various colors you hear. Please excuse the sloppy playing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9FQ0CJ9Q4U]Random Noodlings with #10 - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  16. joshatatlasstands

joshatatlasstands MLP Vendor

One of these days, Sir...I'll have a music room like no other, and there will be lot's of amps, and one of them will be a RM.

That is my intention anyway:)

17. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

It sounds awesome Randy, oh man I am so stoked now!! I just sent the final payment, so send that baby my way as soon as you get the chance.

I'm awoken every morning very early (today it was 5:45am) by the birds, geckos, and frogs. Maybe if I keep them up late they'll let me sleep in for a change! I'll certainly give it a try, and maybe post some pics of #10 on the lanai once I get comfortable with her.

18. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

It made it yesterday, safe and sound. Here's a real quick shot as I was leaving for work this morning next to his big brother!

The amp sounds fantastic, much better than any of the clips I've heard online. Controls are all very responsive, the two amps blend together extremely well, the volume controls (especially the Drive/Volume/Master on the RUDE side) work wonderfully--I'm getting excellent breakup at a much lower volume than I expected. Part of that is probably the 10" speakers, since there's less mass to move than a 12".

I don't know how much headroom there is yet or how it would sound with a drummer, but after just two hours of playing, I couldn't be happier with my purchase! I can't imagine getting this many different tones, or this level of quality, at this price from anyone else.

You've made an excellent product Randy, and I truly wish you tons of success in the future. :thumb:

More pics and possible soundclips, etc, coming later (probably in the Squawkbox subforum). It'll be a couple of weeks, though.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  19. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Thanks so much for the kind words Eric!

The whole point of the RM is excellent break up at lower volumes than expected. It does clean up nicely and can stay clean with the MOOD all the way up once you learn to adjust your attack. In fact, you can create a variety of sounds just by your attack, even adjusting the angle of the pick does magical things.

I would love to hear your thoughts on how it holds up against the Reeves. I know they are probably way different; but I am curious as to the pros and cons in comparison. I am guessing the RM is about half the weight.....

Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  20. ErictheRed

ErictheRed Senior Member

Well I was only able to play for about 2 hours last night, so I have very limited experience with the RUDE MOOD. The Reeves Custom 50PS is my favorite amp of all time, too, so...hmmm...

They're really extremely different. The clean tone of the Reeves is much different than the clean sound of the MOOD, and when I turn the Power Scale down and let the Reeves break up, it's slightly cold (but excellent sounding!). Basically that old Hiwatt "kerang," where it really does sound like something is breaking. It has to get pretty damn loud to get that nice breakup though, even with the power scale.

The RUDE MOOD seems so incredibly different. Much warmer for one, and more "American" to me. I don't think that the RUDE MOOD could ever do those huge, "soaring," David Gilmour type tones, but then again the Reeves would never get warm and swampy, for instance. They're just completely different amps, which is one reason I went for the RUDE MOOD. Don't make me pick a favorite at this point--as I said, the Reeves has been my favorite amp for years, but that's because I've generally preferred that huge Hiwatt sound.

I'd rather compare the RM to something more similar, like the Dr Z Maz 18 (which was an excellent sounding amp that gave me some problems with hissing/humming and burned through tubes a bit). My initial impressions are leaning towards the RM over the Dr Z, but it'll take a while to play it in different situations to really know how I feel about it, and see how it holds up, etc. But I suspect it'll win out in the end. I also already think I like it more than a modded vintage Traynor YGM-3, which is an amp I've always loved and held in high regard. But again, they're a bit different.

And maybe I should really be comparing the RM to 2 other amps at a time; that blending is hard to beat!

3 people like this.