RUDE MOOD Amplifiers

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by randelli, Oct 13, 2010.

1. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Some of you are aware of the RUDE MOOD amplifier; but it is new to the market and I wanted to introduce it to my MLP friends. This is something I designed and developed over the last 2 years and I am really happy with the results. There really is NOTHING out on the market like this amp.

I do build and sell these as part of my ongoing commitment to feed and clothe my kids. I take about 30 hours to build the cabinet and hand wire the amp. Each side of the amp is a 20W single ended amp with it's own specially designed preamp section, output tube, and dedicated speaker. I wont take up too much space here but you can read the specs on my website.

Here is a quick video of the amp:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstREsNvAKQ[/ame]

Here is one from the LA Amp Show:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m14pYWIzjlw[/ame]

I know you can't really capture the sound on video; but here is a little sample of the versatility that come with the amp.

2. mono

mono Senior Member

Really innovative design, I love it!
    What are the two sides closest to, or are they original circuits?

3. Agave_Blue

Agave_Blue Senior Member

I think your idea of "combining" two amp styles is brilliant.

Hope you do really well with these. :thumb:

4. randelli

randelli Senior Member

The RUDE side is British in nature. Some hear Plexi, others Hiwatt, definitely gets into some nice high gain areas. It has an EL34 into a ceramic speaker.

The MOOD side is pure blackface tone. Maybe a beefed up Champ or Deluxe Reverb lite? It stays warm and clean all the way up- but will growl with the right attack.

I played with the design for so long it is hard to say what it was and now is. It sounds familiar and new all at the same time. Mudfinger has described it better in another thread.

5. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

I still love the sound of the ROOD MOOD Randy! It's so revolutionary.

And BTW, the next post you make will be your 1,000th!

6. randelli

randelli Senior Member

DOOD! You always miss the spelling!!:shock: Sometimes I think you do that on purpose:laugh2:

I better do one of those "1000 posts" threads and not waste it on .............. oh well! I am glad you still love the amp. I still remember your request - you can PM or email me again about that :cool:

7. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Here is another video from the LA Amp Show:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDLidM_pWs[/ame]

This one really shows off how many different tones you can get

8. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Hey I am finally back in business after the move to Austin! We have had a great time and got to enjoy our first SXSW. Met a lot of people and guitar players and generated a lot of interest in the amp.

I have been busy (when not working my day job) lining up new vendors for my chassis and labels, a cabinet shop to build to my spec's (since I can't do any woodworking in my neighborhood), and designing some new models I hope to build soon. We are almost ready to open up the new website too.

I am working with some great Austin talent to develop a new demo video to show off the amp. It will have portions of recognizable songs with a view of the settings used to get the tone. This will be good for the webpage and YouTube; but I will also send it out with the new amps as a practical "get started" tool.

Any songs that you would like to see on the demo? One thing to remember is that this is based on vintage designs and it doesn't do chugg-chugg very well. I will have 10-12 songs on the video and I am really looking for all types and the wider range in style the better.

mudfinger likes this.
  9. >Photi G<

>Photi G< Senior Member

I've known about this thing since it's name was "The Project," But almost a year later, this is the first time I'm hearing it played through! It really is a great tone machine. It's an idea that nobody I know has come up with yet: two discreet amplifiers in one chassis. But that raises the question: can it run in stereo with itself?

10. randelli

randelli Senior Member

It was designed to run in 'stereo' with itself. there is a separate preamp section, power tube, OT, and speaker for each side; and they can be dialed into any blend.

11. Cygnus X1

Cygnus X1 Senior Member

Good to see you moving forward with this Randelli.

Hope it hits big!

:D

12. g60_dave

g60_dave Senior Member

If these ever make it to the uk, I'd be looking at it!

13. rocknhorse1

rocknhorse1 Senior Member

Are you making a head as well?

Bluesky and Raider08 like this.
  14. randelli

randelli Senior Member

Thanks for the support - I hope it hits big too and can become my 'day job'.

I will have a 2x10 combo, 4x10 combo, and a 2x10 extension cab in this single ended design. I am designing this in a push/pull configuration that will be a 2x12 combo, and a head version with 2x12 and 4x12 cabinets. Sales drive the R&D so hopefully things will pick up :)

15. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

mudfinger likes this.
  16. randelli

randelli Senior Member

I put this in another thread; but here is another video from the LA Amp Show last October

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG6v5Js1btY]YouTube - &#x202a;RUDE MOOD Amp at the LA Amp Show -3&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

17. BigAl

BigAl Senior Member

If you could build one based on a modern design that could do the "djendt djendt" palm mute sound I'd be very interested. From what I see here, it looks really good. Something like a Mesa style preamp with a Marshall style poweramp, that would be the shit!

Keep up the good work man!

18. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Sounds really good man!

19. randelli

randelli Senior Member

BigAl -the chugg-chugg? I may someday. I will say that this does NOT do that very well - you picked up on that but some people are not that astute.

I had a few people that did not like the amp - one wanted the death-metal-core-chugg thing, one wanted super loud and pristine cleans, one thought it too complicated. There were most likely more that were being polite :) Most people liked the amp - or at the very least - the concept of the amp.

20. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

That "chugg chugg can easily be achieve with any tube amp if you push the input with a clean booster, i can do in on my projunior with 2 ax7 and 2 EL84s at 15watts..