Roger Mayer Red Lion Wah....

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by 5F6-A, Nov 26, 2017.

1. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

I have this circuit card by Roger Mayer in an old 90s Crybaby; I think it has a very unique tone to it, reminiscent of the Dunlop Hendrix wah.....

Not me playing BTW but a good demo of what the pedal sounds like. Mine has developed a problem and I can't wait to have it repaired and have it back in action. It sounds vintagey to me but also quite different to other wahs I have (e.g. cry baby / Jen) or played. Sadly, I don't think it's available anymore. :(

Anyway, what do you think of it all of you wah aficionados? Fan, dislike, indifferent?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    61LPSG likes this.
  2. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

Has wah fallen out of grace?

3. 61LPSG

61LPSG Senior Member

5F6-A,
    I think it sounds great. I'm currently researching mods for an old Vox wah. I need more "growl". The Red Lion is too pricey for my budget.

5F6-A likes this.
  4. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

I really like the Red Lion pedal. I like it because it sounds quite vintage although it sounds different to other wahs; in other words, it has its own personality. Also I like it because it has none of the quirks of the old Wah Wah pedals such as hiss, hum or crackling noises. Finally, you don’t have to change the switch as it is designed to act as if it’s true bypass. Guitar tone is not hindered when the effect is off… Unlike my other Wah Wah pedal, an Italian JEN, which is wonderful but temperamental too.