Rocksmith post release thread!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by a Mad Cow, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Just saw the new DLC.

God this songs looks even harder on rocksmith then it does a tab :shock:

I'll probably still buy it.

1 person likes this.
  2. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Senior Member

that right there might actually make me want to play this game again. they got any other bb, jimi, bluesy stuff on there? i havent played RS in over 6 months. and never bought anything for it.

1 person likes this.
  3. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

They got Gary Clark Jr. Bright Lights and of course the Eric Clapton song.

There is another BB song too, Born Under a Bad Sign.

Probably other stuff I'm missing. Lot's of R&B tunes ... and Soul Man which is an amazingly tough little thing to play, but hey is it Steve Cropper.

2 people like this.
  4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah The Worst Premium Member

Shame shame, Mr. Community Manager. Albert, not B.B. King, sings Born Under a Bad Sign, With Mr. S. Ray Vaughn, in this arrangement.

1 person likes this.
  5. rcole_sooner

:eek:

Well, I knew it was a King.

Edit: Whew! I checked my YT video, and at least I have AK and SRV in the title of it. :D

6. Zack

Zack Senior Member

Has anyone seen the price they want for the cord? 39 buck... its a 7 dollar cord... fvcken ripoff.

7. rcole_sooner

I've bought a couple for $29 on Amazon. So I don't think they are $39 everywhere.

They are not just a cord, but an a/d interface too.

The game with a cord have regularly been on sale for around $39 on Amazon too.

I'm sure eventually there will be some alternatives.

8. b3john

b3john Senior Member

Good luck finding another cable with a decent built-in A/D interface (1/4" analog to USB digital) and a breakaway connector that works without drivers for $7. :naughty:

:slash:

1 person likes this.
  9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah The Worst Premium Member

Hey what is up with the last two or three weeks not having song packs?

10. rcole_sooner

What are you talking about? There have been weekly releases since December and they will continue through February.

Rocksmith DLC *Updated 1/29/13 | Forums

I will admit, this week was only individual songs. Only when all the songs are from a single artist are they available in packs ... usually.

This week was:

1/29/13 Rock Hits 60's-70's #2 (XBL, PSN, Steam)

Born to Be Wild- Steppenwolf
    American Woman- The Guess Who
    Surrender- Cheap Trick

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNUjVfPwZA[/ame]

11. nicklee13

nicklee13 Senior Member

Last couple days I have been screwing around with Rocksmith. I had it forever but I didnt get around to it until yesterday.

I suck at it. It's supposed to be accessible to people who don't play, isn't it?

I feel like a flunky. I suck.

1 person likes this.
  12. rcole_sooner

It ain't easy. Seriously, it is one thing to just play, but to play and play exactly the notes and exactly on time to what the game wants, is a whole other thing.

:laugh2:

My last 2, what I like to call see-how-many-notes-I-can-miss attempts, at the previous week's challenge songs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN09Wx5dOtk]Rocksmith Kansas Carry On Wayward Son (Combo) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bA2kdZEkwA]Rocksmith Santana Smooth Combo - YouTube[/ame]

There are few folks who just picked up the guitar when Rocksmith came out, playing these songs this well and better. One is an 8 year old girl.

1 person likes this.
  13. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

I took a long break from this game but...

I just bought the bass expansion and an Ibanez SR800. Thanks Rcole sooner the purchase was based off your videos and suggestion!

HOLY CRAP FUNNNNNN

I've been addicted to bass!

Multiplayer is also amazing with bass and guitar.

Rocksmith 2 is supposed to be right around the corner..it better carry over my downloaded and paid DLC content

1 person likes this.
  14. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

now if they would only have online multiplayer so Rcole could kick my ass! how cool would that be

15. rcole_sooner

:laugh2:

I'd like to see some pics of that SR800. I have my eyes out for another SR model, maybe a little higher end than my 300.

This week the challenge song, (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, is kickin' my butt. It was RUSH last week and now BoC. I just can't handle these bass songs. :laugh2:

Really the guitar challenges have not been much easier. Thus, no videos of late. I just cannot do them justice.

...sigh...

...and warm weather with golf and bicycling is calling.

My videos are going to get far behind.

1 person likes this.
  16. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

ya i got a few nailed on master mode already like Message in a Bottle

I get DESTROYED by don't fear the reaper... trying to not look at the fret board and jump from 1-3-5 or whatever is INSANE...stuck at like 50k points LOL sad

only because im used to the small frets on a guitar so when I try to finger 5 im on 4 lol

1 person likes this.
  17. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

ill get some sr800 pics up tonight. What an amazing guitar. Sounds amazing, plays amazing, don't reckon I'll need another bass...ever.

1 person likes this.
  18. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Senior Member

rcole how many times would you guess you tried the songs in the last 2 videos before getting those scores?

i spent about an hour and a half last night struggling to hit 25000 on bb king's the thrill is gone. not sure if im hopeless or just expecting too much.

i've wanted to learn that song ever since seeing the vid below. i've also informed multiple people thats what i want played at my funeral :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfqHLX3hdcs]B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone Live From Crossroads Festival 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

19. rcole_sooner

I spend a few hours a night for about a week (almost exclusively) on those songs, for the weekly challenges on the Rocksmith forum. Sometimes, however, the best score is the first night or 2. I play the videos many times (dozens or more), trying to get a decent score without any major f-ups.

To get the songs leveled initially, I can spend a few hours (or more) on songs (or even just a harder section) in RR (I use the accelerator and the leveler, but never the other RR mode), just learning and leveling the parts. Using the RR accelerator, I can set the mastery to 100% and the speed as slow or fast as I want/need it. It takes some grinding, but usually no more than 30 lives for most stuff, and 90 or so lives (a reset before using the last life gives you 30 more lives) for harder stuff.

By then I am usually good to play them, but some take a few passes for me to get the rhythm down.

I will revisit the RR (either accelerator or leveler again) to refresh my memory and practice the harder sections before playing the song each day.

Rocksmith and the weekly challenges, have made me realize how much practice it takes me to actually learn something. Way more than I was ever putting in before.

You'll notice I have not had any more videos posted since the warm weather rolled in. I maybe am spending only 1 or 2 nights a week, and only an hour or so each of those nights. Not enough to get anything done. Heck, I barely even got scores up for Smoke On The Water (Bass) and Good Enough (Guitar) this week, and they are pitiful scores (albeit purple ... whew!).

It ain't easy. :thumb:

20. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Senior Member

glad to hear that lol i didnt consider RR mode or any of that and assumed they were taken after couple tries. i was feeling a bit hopeless.

i just started playing rs again due to frustration. i've been picking up a guitar almost every day since oct 2011 and felt like i was making progress for a while but playing the same few riffs started getting old and i was having a hard time picking up new stuff and hell even pulling off the stuff i used to every day started to feel like a challenge like i was starting over. i slacked off alot for the couple months before because of buying a harley and doing some remodeling and it took its toll real quick.

fuggin morning coffee ramble ^ :D

back to the point. knowing you didnt just wing it and pull that off like that gives me some hope and motivation to keep trying.

1 person likes this.