Rocksmith post release thread!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by a Mad Cow, Oct 18, 2011.

1. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

Hey guys, I thought I'd start a new thread post release as the first is filled with pre release discussion

As usual, my gamer blood would not let this slide by today so on my hour break from work I picked this game up, brought it home, and gave it a shot for 20 minutes.

HOLY CRAP FUN! This thing is amazing! Absolutely amazing.

Pros:
    The effects for the songs are SPOT ON
    The gmaeplay musical interface is stupid easy to use, easier than rock band or guitar hero, way easier than tabs
    Accurate notes
    Slides are picked up great
    Hammer ons are picked up great
    The two songs I played didn't give me bends but we'll see
    felt near 0 latency during gameplay
    Fantastic and accurate tuner
    VERY POLISHED. The game looks amazing, the effects sound amazing, worked with all my guitars VERY well
    The game was adding complications as I crushed the current notes they were giving me (it starts you off at one note per 4 beats, at the end of the first song I was playing full 4/4)

Cons:
    Very minor latency in GAME MENUS and loading times, as you can still play during those times
    Not much else so far!

I'm going to come back to this thread tonight but for now wow, I can't wait to get out of work!

Buy this game for yourself and your kids! I don't work or am not in any way affiliated with this company, I just am a huge gamer and to see my two loves of guitar and video games come together finally is long awaited for me.

I was expecting a half working game which I would of been happy with but what I got was:

[​IMG]

2. 99light

99light Senior Member

Nice, im stopping by Best Buy on the way home to grab it!

a Mad Cow likes this.
  3. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

Good to know it's fun, picking it up too!

a Mad Cow likes this.
  4. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

You won't regret it. If you have friends or wife who also plays grab the second cable as well. Apparently split screen is very fun and like an idiot I forgot about the second cable. I think it's like 20-30 bucks extra.

FrankieOliver likes this.
  5. EvanPC

EvanPC Senior Member

This sucks....I want to jump on this train today too, but I'm leaving for Chicago in an hour. I'll have to hold off until the weekend most likely.

Thanks for the initial review. Glad to get some "validation" from the real world.

6. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

I just ordered it through Amazon although they're sold out.. I had $20 credit from GOW3 so I'll have to be patient.

SteveGangi likes this.
  7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah The Worst Premium Member

I thought you had to get their guitar to control it, like some midi type deal. Now that I know you can plug in your own I think I might pick this up too, I'll try anything to get a little better than I am (won't be hard...)

8. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

Apparently some people using HDMI cables get lag due to the signal from the xbox to the TV, not the game itself. IF this is the case try an RCA cable like me. I feel virtually 0 lag during gameplay.

9. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

I saw that in an amazon review. I use composite/component (whichever one is HD) since my 360 was made before hdmi came standard.

10. TurboStang

TurboStang Senior Member

11. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

I doubt you will have issues but having an RCA handy ($2) wouldn't hurt before you head home.

12. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

If you list your concerns here, after I play for the entire night like I plan to, I will come back and address them honestly and fairly.

I'm sure there are flaws, but from my quick 20 minutes, best $80 I spent in a LONG time.

SteveGangi likes this.
  13. Skintaster

Skintaster V.I.P. Member

Sweet. I will definitely be interested in checking this out. :)

14. cynic79

cynic79 Senior Member

I'm intrigued, if just as a way to make practicing a bit more fun.

15. TurboStang

TurboStang Senior Member

Here's one off the top of my head...

1) If you play notes that aren't exactly what is popping up on the screen, are they still audible? For example, if a player wanted to add in their own solos, licks, etc. on top of the tracks, can they be heard? Or can you only hear the predetermined "correct" notes when they are struck on time?

16. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

Yes all notes are heard, I can tell you that right now, whether it affects your score for adding (not taking) notes I am unsure.

EDIT: I NEED TO CLARIFY WHETHER THESE NOTES ARE A LOWER VOLUME THAN THE CORRECT ONES. I know for a fact you hear them but I only played for 20 minutes and they might sound a bit more muted.

17. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Holy crap, glad to hear it! I was considering this but my expectations were not high.

My daughter is looking to pick up an acoustic electric. Looking at the song selection, do you think it is suitable?

18. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

I'm drooling like a drummer here. Someone push me over the edge before I leave at 5:30 and I'll pick it up.

How hard is hard/expert/whatever? Does the game present a challenge to advanced players? Does it track complex chords and fast solos well?

All the demos I've seen so far are extremely simple playing.

19. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

I needed to edit/update my previous post and will have the definite answer for you in a few hours.

EDIT: I NEED TO CLARIFY WHETHER THESE 'EXTRA' NOTES ARE A LOWER VOLUME THAN THE CORRECT ONES. I know for a fact you hear them but I only played for 20 minutes and they might sound a bit more muted.

20. a Mad Cow

a Mad Cow Senior Member

I would recommend an electric. It seems half the song selection if not more is electric guitar.