Rocksmith 2014!

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Barcham, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Frankg11

Frankg11 Senior Member

I play a lot. Have most of the new DLC that Came out this year. I did to back to my instructor though. Needed to fix problems. I find that with the game, I set up a list of 10-12 songs and only played them and then got lazy with technique. I need corrective action.

Eddie 70 likes this.
  2. DagerOne

DagerOne Senior Member

Which audio adapter are folks using for the XBOX360 to output the sound to a separate audio system? I see a few out there...just curious which one folks think is best?

3. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

I've really been enjoying the Steve MIller DLC. The Joker is a blast to play. I usually find one or two songs in the DLC of the week and play them till I get bored and move on. I usually try to play them in Score Attack a few times to get in the top 5 or so then I move on.

Like you I think I should find someone to take some lessons from. No telling how many bad things I have taught myself over the years. Mostly self taught from RS, YouTube, Marty, Justin and others.

4. lovekeiiy

lovekeiiy Senior Member

I'm not sure if you're talking about the splitting the signal between the game console and guitar amplifier, or the console sound to the TV and an audio system. I don't have an answer for the first, but most people use some kind of pedal; I suggest searching this thread for suggestions. The later, it really depends on your setup. If using a receiver, run the sound to the receiver first, then the television. Most newer receivers have a pass through when you just want TV audio. If not receiver, you'll need to get some kind of adapter.

5. pwhite

pwhite Senior Member

I bought Rocksmith a couple of years ago for my Xbox 360 and never really played it that much because I didn't have the audio setup right so I bought the analog audio adapter that has optical and stereo plugs. I have been playing it in the mornings with a set of head phone adapters plugged into that one. I get up early before my wife and have an extra 360 and TV upstairs so it works out for me. I just want to say I thought it would be an easy game or easy to learn to play these songs but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I have been working on The Wind Cries Mary for a couple of weeks now, it's something I have always wanted to play correctly but I am struggling to get better at it.

This is the adapter I am using, which then has a set of phones plugged into it, if I don't use the phones I just go to a set of powered computers speakers but you could send the audio to anything really.

[​IMG]

Eddie 70 and DagerOne like this.
  6. pwhite

pwhite Senior Member

7. russbryant

russbryant Member

I've been itchin' to get back to Rocksmith. We sold our house about a year and a half ago and have been bopping around the country in an RV a couple of times for several months each trip and then splitting time with my mom, sister, and my wife's sister in between RV trips. Making time for Rocksmith has been pretty hard but I bought a parlor acoustic guitar and have been practicing chords and changes between them. Can do the E shaped barre chords but not very fast yet. Regular open chords are coming along pretty well. We are in serious house hunting mode right now. Will be settling down in the Bristol VA/TN area. I also joined Jamplay a year ago and just signed on to Claus Levin's online beginner course just this week.

Russ

Eddie 70 likes this.
  8. lovekeiiy

lovekeiiy Senior Member

If you have a smartphone, you may want to try out Justin Guitar's app. It's Four Chords that's been tailored to beginners. I've checked it out a bit, but haven't tried it yet.

As for the audio setup, using the adapter to go directly to your receiver is what Ubisoft recommends. You don't have to, but because most televisions do some video processing, it causes the lag some people experience between hitting a note's audio and visual on screen. One fix i to try the television "game" mode with shuts most of the video processing the television does or go into the game options menu and use the lag correction.

Eddie 70 likes this.