Rocksmith 2014!

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Barcham, Jun 10, 2013.

1. lovekeiiy

lovekeiiy Senior Member

We'll see how long it lasts once school starts back up. School and work are very good time hoarders; if I want to do well at least.

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah The Worst Premium Member

The new calibration doesn't seem to be working for me. I fire it up, and it goes from Mute the Strings to Make Some Noise, and then doesn't seem to want me to ever mute the strings again. like my arm was getting tired from strumming.

3. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

I'm not sure what I did to fix that calibration thing. It happened to me the first time I tried to play after the patch. Maybe I just went out of calibration and back in or maybe restarted the game, but either way it has been working much better ever since.

I will say there is a wider dynamic range on the guitar tones now. I'm not sure I like it as the clean tones are hardly audible and the overdrive tones are ... well actually they are pretty nice and out in front, but I wouldn't want them any more so ... which leaves me no room to turn up the whole guitar mix for the clean parts.

4. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

So I got a PS4 and RS14 for Christmas. I have been going through and trying to get all of my DLC over to PS4 but for some reason am having a little trouble. On PS3 I have 251 songs, on PS4 242 songs. Any ideas on how to get them all to come over to PS4?

It's kind of neat going back to the beginning on some songs and leveling them back up. Makes you feel like You're Gonna Be A Superstar!

5. Muttering Bill

Muttering Bill Senior Member

If you had had the holiday song pack they released (I think it was on RS1), then you won't be able to get them on PS4. So that could be a few songs accounted for.

Otherwise... A lot scrolling through the store to find what you missed. It may easier to go through the in game store rather than the PSN store. The game store will have all of your missing songs marked as free. Not sure how the PSN store does it.

If you highlight the RS14... icon? on our dashboard, and press d-pad down, there should be an option for "My Add-ons" which will bring up a list of all your dlc for the game so you can easily check what you have or haven't downloaded. Not sure if it'll work in your case though, since I think you technically don't have them yet, until you claim them in the store. But it's a useful feature to keep in mind. I used it not long ago when switching to a digital copy.

One other thing to note: when buying new songs, they don't transfer down. If you still intend to use your PS3, then buy new songs on there so that you'll have it on both systems. Buying from the PS4 store gets you only a PS4 copy.

6. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

Thanks for the tips Bill. I went back in a few minutes ago and checked to compare a few songs. I don't see the missing ones yet. I guess I will have to make a bunch of pictures of the PS3 DLC and compare to PS4 DLC. One other thing that just dawned on me, with PS4 version you get 6 free songs. With those I am down 15 songs. I would think they came in song packs so they would be cheaper to obtain that way, but if they were singles that is $45!

7. lovekeiiy

lovekeiiy Senior Member

You can always check your purchase history in the Playstation Store on the PS4. It will have all the games you purchased for PS3 and PS4 and DLC. FIgure out which songs you're missing, and download them through the purchase history.

8. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

I had forgot about earning songs also. I earned one this morning. I think I am up to about 243 or 244 now. I don't remember how many songs you earn through out the game but, I will be finding out soon enough. Seems like it was only 3 or 4.

This time through, I am trying to get all 500 of the rewards going through the game. I am 6 days in and have 82 rewards. Some are just trying a different pedal, rack gear, make a tone, play a new song, level a song to 75% mastery, play a game in Guitarcade. I found out that on PS3 I was up to 483 before I jumped over to PS4. Seems like they came far and few between when you get toward the 500th.

9. Muttering Bill

Muttering Bill Senior Member

With the Remastered update they added a stats page on the start menu. It'll tell you exactly how many dlc songs you have. It won't tell you which ones are missing, but at least you can compare the # between the two versions and find out exactly how many you're off by.

Still think that the in-game store is the way to go. All of the songs you've purchased, but not downloaded, will be marked as "free." I'm not aware of any songs not being brought over (excepting the free holiday pack I already mentioned). I do recall hearing something about 1 particular song not being available as a single anymore (has to be bought with a pack). Sorry, I don't recall which song, but it may end up stuck if it's one you should have.

10. lovekeiiy

lovekeiiy Senior Member

Most of the songs that didn't come over were from RS2012 original disc songs. I don't know which, but I think it was like five of them. There were a few other RS2012 DLC songs, but I don't recall which ones.

11. Jeremiah

Sunshine of your Love and Run to your Side or by your side or whatever from Clapton didn't come over.

12. Jeremiah

finally getting Green Onions in Rocksmith! very nice

13. Frankg11

Frankg11 Senior Member

Thought I would share and experiment that I ran this evening. Some guy on the RS forum on UBI posed a question.

Can you play you acoustic though amp and use the mic on the amp to score rocksmith.

The bottom line is Yes. I have a Taylor GC8 running into a Roland AC60 to a SM58 with a usb AD. Works just fine, however my Acoustic Playing is somewhat lacking and listening though the amp really shows just how bad I am.

Just wanted everyone to know that the mic portion resisters petty well. Just make sure there is not any ambient noise or change in environment when playing or you will have to re-calibrate.

Have fun. Green Onions --- Yummy can't wait for tomorrow.

14. russbryant

russbryant Member

Thanks for the report Frank but what I really need to know is which rock was I under that I don't know who Green Onions are??? :laugh2:

Off to Youtube.

Russ

15. russbryant

russbryant Member

OK, it's a song and not a band. I feel slightly better.

Russ

16. Frankg11

Frankg11 Senior Member

russ,

Not to fear... Green Onions by Booker T & the MG's is a great classic 12 bar blues in Em if I recall. Great bass line and lead.

You can learn to play it in about 5 minutes from Youtube. It's just the organ part that is so awesome!!!!

Check out the History of Booker T and the MG's. They were the house band at STAX. Kinda like the wrecking crew for Memphis.

17. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

I was going to take a pass on this pack. Now you have gone and made me want to pick it up just because of Green Onions. Maybe that is a good thing. :thumbs:

18. russbryant

russbryant Member

I looked it up and had a listen. Heard it many times but never knew the name. Great song and maybe not too fast for a hack beginner like me.

Anybody have any pointers to help me dial in that sound on an amp played with a Squier Strat?

russ

19. russbryant

russbryant Member

Justinguitar has a good video on how to play this song. Will be interesting to see how the RS version is.

russ

20. Frankg11

Frankg11 Senior Member

played green onions last night, Lead and Bass. Bass is straight up 12 bar blues with a turn.

The lead is interesting and will take me a bit to dial in. Lot's of fun stuff in there IMHO.

Also played the Jefferson Starship and Mamma's last night. I like the lead on Green Onion more!

It's a good pack.