Rocksmith 2014!

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Barcham, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Muttering Bill

Muttering Bill Senior Member

I hear ya'. MM makes fine guitars. And RS hammers your tone to what it wants you to sound like, so it doesn't really matter that much.

Spend about an hour last night working on just the main riff to Scuttle Buttin'. Feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully the rest of it comes together so well.

2. NickCats

NickCats Senior Member

Wow - I have been playing guitar & Rocksmith now for 3 years and I thought I was getting pretty good - this pack confirms how much I suck :(

Cold Shot - definitely the easiest song in the pack - made it through MSA with a gold pick - no strikes

Couldn't Stand The Weather - made it through MSA with a bronze pick - two strikes. I should be able to get a gold pick on this one with some work

Pride and Joy - played this song 5 times, was able to get a platinum pick on easy, struck out on MSA

Texas Flood - barely was able to get a gold pick on easy - struck out quick on MSA

Scuttle Buttin - didn't get a chance to play last night

Played all the songs on my Strat tuned down to Eb - wow are those 9 gauge strings floppy !

Question - I had the pickup selector on position 5 - neck pickup alone - any idea how Stevie used to play these songs ?

Sure glad Ubisoft fixed the issues with Remastered before they released this pack...

Nick

3. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

Yeah, I figure this should be a humbling pack for me too.

I'm keeping my expectations of my ability low. :)

4. Muttering Bill

That's why I'm using the wrong guitar - because it's set up for lower tunings with 10-52 guage strings.

From a quick observation of live footage, he seemed to bounce between the positons 1 and 5.

5. NickCats

NickCats Senior Member

Thanks Bill !

Spent some time in riff repeater and was able to get past Couldn't Stand The Weather on MSA with a gold pick - no strikes.

Played Scuttle Buttin - struck out on MSA, but was able to get past ESA with a gold pick - no strikes.

What a great pack ! They really nailed the tones this time - very impressive.

Can't wait to work on these songs more again tonight...

Nick

6. Eddye

Eddye Member

What a cool DLC pack. I wanted more blues, but never would've guessed they'd bring out a SRV pack.

7. Muttering Bill

Got the Scuttle Buttn' riff up to 80% speed. %? That's not quite accurate, but whatever.

Felt like I was just about there while practicing it out of game. Guess not.

I may be [am definitely] overreaching on this one.

8. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

I finally got a chance to give the new Rocksmith a little look over. I noticed your stats are now kept on the game! That is a great thing IMO. I guess I need to get in and see what I can do with those mini games just so I can populate that list. I have tried them all and have trophies in most. Oh well.

I also got the chance to try some of the SRV pack for the first time. Score Attack on easy and medium on 3 songs a few times just to get the feel of it. Good stuff. I wish my fingers would move faster. I need to be lighter on my fingers!!

9. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

Have you guys taken a look at the stats in game? I took a few pics of mine as weak as they are, I have been trying to see them change in some way every day. I'll post a few pics 9f them tomorrow and we can do some comparisons. I was a brand new beginner when I got the first Rocksmith and a few months later Rocksmith 2014 and Bandfuse came out.

10. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

General Tab
    [​IMG]

Skills
    [​IMG]

Songs
    [​IMG]

Score Attack
    [​IMG]

High Scores
    [​IMG]

Guitarcade. I have no scores showing but almost 35 hours on them. Oh well. Is everyone else like this. I am on PS3.
    [​IMG]

Activity
    [​IMG]

11. russbryant

russbryant Member

Hi Eddie
    Looks like you're all settled into the new house and are getting back into Rocksmith. I haven't spent any time on the new remastered version but hope to get started in a few days. We sold our house in Tucson in July and then went RV'ing for a couple of months. We are now in SW Virginia and will be looking for a house soon. Looking for a way to keep playing RS while in the RV since we plan to go out for a few months again in the Spring.

I bought a Blackstar Fly 3 mini amp to use for playing around. It's amazing for the size and price.

Russ

12. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

We started moving in the last few weeks of September. Most everything is put away. There is still a lot of stuff that needs to be gone. I could not imagine US living in an RV for months at a time. We have way too much stuff. My brother in law lives in his full time though. He sold everything and is happy. Pays rent and lives on the water year round.

Seems like I have actually played about 5 days in a row for an hour or so lately. The time off from RS, maybe it was just setting around noodling or practicing, seems to have helped my RS playing. I have upped several songs that I thought I was maxed at. Makes it interesting for me. Plus, I am now connected to the internet again. A month and a half of no cable was kind of refreshing.

13. russbryant

russbryant Member

We bought a 30 foot Travel Trailer with slide outs. Didn't feel cramped for space. Spent most of the 2 months in Washington and Oregon and the time just flew by. We sold a lot of our larger stuff to the lady who bought our house but still filled up 2 10x20 storage units, a 5x8 climate controlled storage unit, and a 16 ft. enclosed Cargo trailer from our 2800 sq ft house.

Still have 2 cars and a motorcycle in Tucson that I need to get to VA at some point.

I used the little blackstar amp to work on chords and do scale exercises when I did find some time for guitar.

Looking forward to get back to RS. Just bought a couple of song packs tonight that are on sale right now.

Russ

14. russbryant

russbryant Member

I fired up RS late last night and a new update was pushed out. Several new features and a major one was that now you can use an acoustic guitar. It needs a USB microphone to use it.

You can now play without the real tone cable. No scoring but at least you can play along with the songs.

They finally listened and let you jump right in to the arcade games without the reload times.

May be a few other ones but those are the ones I remember.

Russ

15. TeamSlacker

TeamSlacker Junior Member

Noticed the update last night also when I fired up. Only update I came across was the 'improved' calibration.

16. russbryant

russbryant Member

I think it forces you to re-calibrate. There is a FAQ on the Ubisoft forums with all the improvements but it seems quite a few are having issues related to the mic.

Russ

17. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

I will have to fire mine up again. I had read there was a new update and saw where you can now use an acoustic and microphone. I have not checked into closely yet. I do like the idea of quicker load times for the arcade games also. I still use them at different times. :thumb:

18. rcole_sooner

The new calibration really helps with low output pickup guitars that were hard to calibrate before the patch.

You can skip the calibration suggestion after the patch is initially installed, but I'd do it as it really helps.

19. lovekeiiy

lovekeiiy Senior Member

Here is a video of me playing Rocksmith 2014 (remastered) after, I think, almost a year a nonplay. Got busy with work and school. It should be noted, I wasn't very good when I stopped; I highly doubt I was anything beyond a novice. I figured some might get a kicked out of it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-R8ggqyiw[/ame][​IMG][​IMG]

In this setup, I'm using a PS4 (original) over HDMI (audio does go directly to a receiver), a Shure GXLD16 wireless guitar system, Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus 1960 (2014). The pictures are just to show the setup. The peddle is the wireless receiver. The black pouch in front of the guitar is the transponder for the guitar. The funny part, the wireless system is significantly more expensive than the guitar, but I used a bunch of gift cards so I got a very reasonable price. I will say, the system works very well. It's nice not to be attached to a cable.

20. rcole_sooner

Glad you are back at it!

:D