Rewinds on the way!

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by Alligatorbling, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

I just finished installing them.

First impression?

Holy bajeeezus! These things are AWESOME! Articulate spank with high end that sings. The tone has meat to it though, youd think tele spank and plink might not have as much body as other setups... not these pickups... i cant honestly describe how they sound. its snap with body. the bridge pickup totally spanks and planks, but has depth. the neck pickup is just amazing, huge body and character, no NO Muddiness, every single note rings though with articulation. The middle position is just as awesome.

Folks, a description of these pickups is not enough. One has to play a set. If your on the fence about a new set of tele pickups, get in contact with James and tell him to wind you a set like mine!!!

cooljuk, jbash and Guitar Rod like this.
  2. ARandall

ARandall Senior Member

He can also do coverless or semi coverless for the neck pickup too.

Mine are a different wind, more Broadcaster. Mix of wire types and magnets to suit each position.

Attached Files:

cooljuk and Alligatorbling like this.
  3. Alligatorbling

a quick demo i did with the new pups. i play bridge, middles, and neck in the video.

note, the video audio does not do them justice. they sound even better in person!

cooljuk and CheopisIV like this.
  4. Alligatorbling

after some more time with these pups i have really bonded with the guitar in a way i hadnt before. this is actually now my favorite guitar. it sounds great though all my amps. thanks again so much, James.

people. listen up! ReWinds are the real deal!

5. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

Helping musicians find inspiration through excellent sounding guitars makes me feel real good about what I do for a living. :)

Pop1655, Coldacre, scrumm21 and 3 others like this.
  6. B5Erik

B5Erik Senior Member

You should! Helping people get the tone they're looking for is a pretty big deal!

Coldacre, Alligatorbling and cooljuk like this.
  7. dmoss74

dmoss74 Senior Member

yeah, but can you play like bill k? :) just kidding. good luck with the pickups. james is a legend in these parts. hope you like 'em.

cooljuk likes this.
  8. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

Blingstrocat - I got some official demos of this set up, finally. Your set was the first, man! It reminded me that without a CBS style 60's Tele set, I'd have a big hole in my lineup! Thank you for the push in the right direction at the perfect time.

These are in a Fender AVRI '52 Tele, so brass saddles - not quite as twangy as they would be with steel saddles. I'll get some in a 60's style tele uploaded soon.

Thanks again!

btw - I put some NOS RCA black plates in my Tweed today and your Rangemaster Blingbox is just SINGING through it! Really loving that pedal SO MUCH. You did an amazing job!

Guitar Rod and Who like this.
  9. AJK1

AJK1 Senior Member

Why post this tele nonsense in a LP forum
    Get out !

cooljuk and Who like this.
  10. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Great read. Regardless of field, I'm always impressed and it's always refreshing to see a guy who knows how to run a business.

Who likes this.