Reverb Transaction -- Issue with Seller

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Fiesta Red, Dec 14, 2017.

1. matt@msscguitar

matt@msscguitar www.MSSCGuitar.com Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

I think that’s an exceptional idea. Hint hint Mods :)

2. fry

fry Senior Member

I say no returns because I'm just a guy who sells stuff now and again. I'm not running a business, and I'm not going to welcome people to try to return stuff for whatever imaginary reason they've suddenly come up with. If you decided it ain't for you, flip it.

3. Subterfuge

Subterfuge Senior Member

Sorry I was referring to selling Harley parts not guitars, bad comparison, my bad ... I'm not saying I ever liked having to return the item but if the customer pays return shipping and all associated fee's I'm not actually out anything ... customer is supposed to be king, but I see your point 100% and agree .... thankfully my transactions with psycho's has been limited

4. Left Paw

Left Paw Senior Member

Harley owners and musicians are totally different as customers. Musicians get turned around by a thousand different things. Or just basically change their minds. They can be real time wasters. Harley owners usually know what they want and will only send something back if it doesn't fit or if there was a problem with the description.

5. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Plays like butta!

Bobby Mahogany likes this.
  6. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

[​IMG]

7. jtees4

jtees4 Senior Member

WOW that really is a beauty. I'll offer you $100 more than you paid for it....as long as it is "brand new" with "zero damage";) No, seriously....that's a beauty!!!

Fiesta Red likes this.
  8. jtees4

jtees4 Senior Member

Your post describes me very well, although I have less feedback then you....about 350 100% positives . While your way works as it did for me....that ended a few months ago. I sold a guitar on Reverb. It was described honestly and had many pix to back it up like I always do. They guy paid, and I shipped. Then I got this email: (exact copy and paste):
    "Thanks for the positive feedback. I will return the favor. I unfortunately will be returning the guitar. I got a chance to play one at the GC in Pasadena and I really didn't like it. I have never tried one before. I am not even going to open it up. I will send it out on Monday insured with Tracking of course."
    I immediately notified Reverb and told them I would take a return (which they agreed I didn't have to do) but I wanted my shipping back since he didn't even open it....I also told them that once he is forced to keep it, he will find magic damage on it. Then he found magic invisible damage on it. Reverb followed the whole thing and made him ship it back to me...the magic damage became invisible again (at least he didn't purposely try to damage it...I'll give him credit for that). Reverb told me i could deduct the shipping I originally paid....and they backed me up completely. So I have felt very good about reverb since then.

9. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Wow -- some strange perspectives here. The listing is straightforward, and says "new" and "unplayed." Some of you can argue the definition of "ding" if you want, from another part of the description ("no dings") but that's irrelevant. These are flaws not found on new, unplayed guitars. As other posters have noted, this is a straightforward "item not as described" situation in which the seller's pollcies, including the "as is" and "no return" statements do not apply. Not only did he not provide a picture of the flaws in his listing, he stated that it was "new." It isn't. If he wants to claim that he was honest and the damage was caused in shipment, then the matter could conceivably be approached that way, but he will be held responsible for the damage because of the insufficient packing. Personally, I would not have settled for Reverb's compensation. Even though the flaws are fairly small, in the marketplace the difference between new/unplayed and worn is large. Imagine if he had listed it honestly, with pictures of the flaws and a verbal description of them. Quite different from "new." But because I am a jerk, I would have gone the return/refund route simply because I would be too angry and offended to enjoy the guitar. Just looking at those blemishes would piss me off -- and I don't mind worn, played guitars! But I do mind bad-faith, unhelpful people. But if it worked out OK for you, that's what counts. Sorry you had such a hassle.

Fiesta Red likes this.
  10. Azmedian

Azmedian Junior Member

What ever happened I straight up honesty. Hey here are the pictures of "Whatever Item" All damages listed & pictured upclose. Here is my price. Take it or leave it. I bet that somebody would have bought the guitar if they new the damage was there anyway. Whatever the difference in price gap between "brand new" and the price of "used and/or damaged" certainly isn't worth the back & forth. Its societys allowance of "oh you cant do that, that's illegal" Give me a punch in the face as compared to a courtroom anytime.