Reverb Transaction -- Issue with Seller

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Fiesta Red, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

There ya go. Why spite yourself over nothing?

Are you going to get it “repaired”? :lol:

Fiesta Red likes this.
  2. kid185

kid185 Junior Member

I really didnt see any dent, so i would think that it is by definition not "dings", just spots where the nitro is worn or rubbed off. So the seller didnt misrepresent anything. I have bought new guitars out of the music store that had a worse finish than that.

Funny thing.....we buy a brand new guitar, and expect to have a fret leveling, and setup done, or at least do it ourselves, but if we order a "used" guitar from a person over the internet (and it is obvious from the advert that it is "used" even if he said "brand new" because we only get brand new from authorized dealers), we expect the finish to be perfect.

If anyone ever buys anything through the mail, where the seller specifically states "no refunds or returns" and expects it to be perfect, he needs his own head examined by a professional instead of being supported in his dillusions by a bunch of wanks in a Forum. But that is just my opinion.

3. LtDave32

LtDave32 Desert Star Guitars Super Mod Premium Member MLP Vendor

"bunch of wanks"?

And you by contrast are??

efstop, KenG, freebyrd 69 and 6 others like this.
  4. fry

fry Senior Member

Refers to others as wanks after using the word “dillusions”! WTF is a dillusion? The guy absolutely misrepresented the guitar. When you’re selling, you have to disclose any flaws. He purposely left out any mention of the finish flaws. If you leave out an important detail, it’s the same as lying. Just ask your wife/girlfriend. It’s not a life-and-death thing, and not a dealbreaker for the buyer, but it should have been mentioned.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    SLOPO likes this.
  5. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Welcome to the neighborhood kid. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Hogie34, KenG and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  6. Vmcompetello

Vmcompetello Junior Member

Why worry yourself sick? Call the credit card company you used. When in dispute you do not have to pay. PayPal will hold your money for 30-60 days and that's if they find in your favor. This has happened to me many times and the credit card company always came through.

7. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

It's nitro with additives but still easily repaired.

8. dr150

dr150 Junior Member

That damage is definitely from sitting on a guitar stand with metal poles. I'm too familiar with the guitar being pulled from the stand and the guitar swinging back and forth into the metal as I'm pulling away. No my stands have piper insulation from Home Depot to buffer the poles in a cushy way. Works splendidly!

BTW, I hate reading stories about people getting d*cked over by others. Gotta love humanity! :facepalm:

Fiesta Red likes this.
  9. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Senior Member

The damage is into the guitar and I can feel the indentation if I run my fingers across the area. Not sure how you know just by looking on a computer screen that there is no indentation or dent.

And it was damaged enough that both Paypal and Reverb agreed that the seller misrepresented the guitar.

He also listed it as brand new, and yet he bought it used as a store demo. Sounds like misrepresentation. Finally, if you look at his policies page he does have a return policy.

If you don't like the 'wanks' here on the forum, you're welcome to not log on.

Otherwise, go hump somebody else's leg.

10. nicholas322

nicholas322 Member

Whenever someone says no return. DON"T BUY IT!!! 99% of the time it's a scam. This is not a box of apples. if you can't return it it's because he needs to dump it on someone. Try to get to more guitar shows.

Subterfuge likes this.
  11. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

You're a wank, Paypal's people are wanks, Reverb people are wanks,
    I'm a wank, every freakin' member of MLP is a wank, apart from Kid185
    who has 80/20 vision and is NOT a wank.

That V you bought is the shit, Man!
    I'm gonna go wank on it.
    'Cause that's what wanks do.
    They wank.

Dun Ringill and saks like this.
  12. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

I agree this seller is a stupid dick.. you solved “his” problem and saved him from a claim hassle and he is bargaining for $10 !!!

Even if i was that desperate for a positive feedback, i would never bargain with it. I would wait till everything is ok and buyer is happy then i would may say “I would be grateful if you leave a positive feedback” and would never ask about it again!

13. PierM

PierM Black & Gold Premium Member

Now, can we see the pictures of the entire guitar? :applause:

14. Roshy Boy

Roshy Boy Senior Member

Glad it worked out for you. Looks like the original seller - Guidos is still in business too. They have a face book page that shows getting a free guitar lesson for Christmas with the purchase of a guitar. Doesnt't look like they are closing as the guy who sold you your V said in his ad. In fact, it looks like they have a nice store.

I saw your feedback too. Great warning to any one looking at his stuff. If Reverb can't shut him down, hopefully real feedback will steer people away.

15. Bigcat2017

Bigcat2017 Member

Looks like it has been put on a guitar stand with cheep rubber for a while...it hurts nitro finish.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  16. MichaelAndrew3435

MichaelAndrew3435 Premium Member

This ^

Reverb is very good with making sure you get your money back in this situation. I purchased an amp a couple weeks back that was listed as “brand new” by the seller. It didn’t get shipped 2 days after I bought it (thankfully). As I grew wary, I took another look at the advertised pictures. Clear signs of use and some damage on the outside of the amp (I didn’t notice it before). I requested a refund from the seller and he refused. I filed a claim with Reverb and they got me a full refund in a day.

Your case may take awhile, but you’ll more than likely get a full refund as long as you’re patient. Pain in the ass though. Sorry that happened to you.

17. marksoundguitars

marksoundguitars Chief Paint Sniffer

This is the truth. :mad:

18. Mosster47

Mosster47 Senior Member

Selling is tough thing on the internet. I just recently sold a vintage amplifier to someone who didn't know what they were doing and instantly blew out the speaker. They took it to a shop and its was $175 to get it going. Of course they wanted me to pay for it because it never "worked" for them. The people at Reverb saw our messages and agreed he was 100% at fault. They chipped in $50 on their end and told me to basically give him the $125 or he might damage it even more, send it back to me for a full refund and I'm on the hook for all the repairs and have to try to move a vintage amp with non-original parts for less money after.

Someone's disposable income isn't a direct relationship to their mental ability.

19. bblooz

bblooz Senior Member

Glad the OP got to keep the guitar he wanted in the first place. It's unfortunate he had to go through such a PITA with this seller. If it were mine, I would get those lacquer chips repaired and enjoy it. Pretty soon, you'll likely be adding some of your own if you play it enough. Enjoy!

Fiesta Red likes this.
  20. TheWelder

TheWelder Senior Member

That guitar is sweet man, congrats. Those dings wouldn't bother me but they definitely should have disclosed in the listing. I'm glad you were able to get some Reverb bucks out of the deal. I bet the negative feedback teaches more of a lesson to him than a refund would have.

Fiesta Red likes this.