Reverb Transaction -- Issue with Seller

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Fiesta Red, Dec 14, 2017.

1. strat1701

strat1701 El Diablo Cazador De Hombres Premium Member

Fuck ebay is my take from that post. They're not very seller OR buyer friendly it seems now. It has devolved into such shit, anyone with any sense wouldn't sell anything of substantial value there. It's not favorable to a seller so they can choke on a dick pretty much.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Subterfuge, Who and Tone deaf like this.
  2. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I stopped using ebay, as a seller, because I got screwed by a couple of unscrupulous buyers and ebay basically told me to go f*ck myself. I was no super seller (not thousands of transactions), but I happen to think that I am a great seller. So did all of my buyers (100% positive feedback from well over 100 transactions). I like being able to roll through used gear, if I love it, it stays if I don't it goes (i rarely fail to break even) and I buy something else. Since then, I only use CL and I hand over the item when the buyer hands over the cash.

3. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I've sold 3 out of my last 4 guitars posted here, gear page, and reverb. I'm each of the 3 times I completed the sale off of their site by giving a better deal off site and using regular PayPal and me sending an invoice for the item. I used to point to this site for buyer feedback. Miss that we don't have that here anymore.

But I Aldo sell stuff as described and would certainly take a return if there was damage. But not a month later cause you don't like it, want something different, or need the money.

4. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Senior Member

He left positive feedback when I paid for it. I haven't left feedback for him yet. We're looking a a very low score. :D

5. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

Send it to Historic Makeovers to be relic'd!

j/k

:D

6. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

Looks like a case of the seller knowing exactly what was up with the guitar and hiding it. Completely dishonest!
    If it showed in the pictures or was mentioned it would be on you, but he clearly tried to hide it!

Malikon likes this.
  7. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Senior Member

electric head, Roberteaux and Crotch like this.
  8. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Nope!!! That one’s going back even if I loved it. Every time I opened the case I’d be pizzed at the seller. I wouldn’t be able to shake it. Not saying I’m right, just saying I could never bond with it.

9. DarrellV

DarrellV Make the Switch for the Better! Silver Supporter Premium Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Senior Member

When he bought it, it was listed as "excellent" (used). Now that he is selling it, it is brand new?

It was a Store Demo.

redjunior, Thumpalumpacus and Malikon like this.
  11. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

It also said that it had "no dings" when he bought it.

Fiesta Red likes this.
  12. flamesarewicked

flamesarewicked Senior Member

I buy and sell on reverb often.. I usually go out of my way to please the customer. Sold a fender classic players strat and after he opened it and plugged it in.. he messaged me saying the volume pot was scratchy.. no problem. I neglected to mention it in the ad mainly since it wasn’t that bad to me and I only played it a few times.. I ordered a new pot for it and had it sent directly to him.. he was more than satisfied. when I sell a guitar, I always insure it for replacement value should the worst case scenario happen. It’s always packed to overkill level.. double boxed in addition to it being in a hardshell case. I haven’t had any problem as of yet. Knock on wood. I’m just a guy who enjoys music and gear..I just try to do for them as I would like to be treated as a customer. I do list my stuff as is because I’m usually pretty detailed in the description. There’s always those who try to get away with stuff however.. leaving out major details like functionality issues, cosmetic flaws that were obvious but the photos didn’t really show. I recently sold some Gibson pickups on there and the buyer sent me a photo of the guitar he installed them in and wanted to thank me again for the service... customer service is a dying thing these days ..

13. Malikon

Malikon V.I.P. Member

Fiesta Red likes this.
  14. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

That's messed up. I would want to return it just on principle. Liars piss me off. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the guitar. I would just think of that bellend and get mad every time I picked it up.

jimmer_5, TheWGuitar, SLOPO and 3 others like this.
  15. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Senior Member

LOL -- I had to look that one up.

16. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

It doesn't surprise me these days, I wonder where the good people have gone. People will do anything for money, no matter how unethical or morally wrong. I have no faith in humanity.

17. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

What's your username on Ebay?

18. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I'd copy that link, send it to reverb and it should be case closed. Even if I liked it it would be about shoving it up his ass at this point

Tone deaf, I Break Things and Malikon like this.
  19. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

Off with his head. :dude::dude:

Tone deaf and I Break Things like this.
  20. flamesarewicked

flamesarewicked Senior Member

I don’t sell on eBay anymore.. last time I sold guitar on it, I didn’t actually get paid till nearly two weeks after I shipped a guitar.. I use reverb.. I can send ya a link to my page.. I don’t have anything for sale at the moment though.. I’m actually getting down to stuff I don’t wanna move... as of now anyhow lol

On the topic at hand though.. that’s just bad business... I’m like some on here..great guitar or not.. it would carry bad juju with it because of the ordeal..