Reverb pedal suggestion for my set up

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Crotch, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I usually run a Stratocaster into a Fender Eric Clapton Tremolux. I love the sound of the amp so don't want to screw it up but I need to have some reverb. (the trem is ridiculously stupid on this amp unless you're playing surf tunes) I have other amps that have built in reverbs but I like the sound of this amp a lot, the notes just choke out a little.

I like the Wampler Faux Spring and WET out of all the ones I've looked at but anything else you can suggest? I don't use pedals at all really anymore, but would like a true bypass analog box. Really like the Wampler but no battery, which isn't a killer I guess.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    bulletproof likes this.
  2. Travis19

Travis19 Senior Member

I used the Strymon Flint for years and can highly recommend it. If you're into a really wet reverb (surf rock, etc.) then you might want to look at the Topanga by Catalinbread.

I only stopped using the Flint after picking up a tube driven outboard reverb unit made by Headstrong (the Prima Verberato). It was expensive, but money well-spent. I've heard good things about the Victoria Reverberato as well, but I've never played one.

Crotch and bulletproof like this.
  3. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

85532B99-DC65-468B-BA9B-C747D2E62CA0.jpeg
    I just got this recently,great verbs,however, I really don’t think y’all need the trem...:laugh2:

Crotch likes this.
  4. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

I have a first gen. Tech 21 Boost RVB for trade. Six knobs, a tweaker's dream. Take advantage of the weak Canadian dollar. :naughty:

Mockbel and bulletproof like this.
  5. bossaddict

bossaddict @david.beason on IG Premium Member

I really like the TCE HOF mini. It's super simple and there is a tone print that was created by/for JD Simo that is really good. That's the only tone print I use and it's all I need. Basically, when you pick softly, it's more noticeable, but when you play more loudly, it's more subtle.

Here's a video of him talking about it...

You can skip to 1:05 to hear him describing the concept or 6:05 to hear examples...

6. Gridlock

Gridlock Senior Member

I have a Catlinbread Topanga Reverb pedal. As close to BF & SF Fender spring reverb tones as you can get. I stopped looking for Reverb pedals after buying this pedal.

A Strymon Big Sky might be a little better, but it’s at least $100 more than the Topanga.

I also picked up a used Fender ‘63 RI Reverb Unit at a good price. I’m using the Reverb Unit into the Loop with my Marshall Astoria and the Topanga out-front with my Marshall Bluesbreaker. Great Reverb either way.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    BurstingOut and bulletproof like this.
  7. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

That’s brilliant,man.... I may have to have one.

bossaddict likes this.
  8. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Probably more of what I'm after, a simple, small stomp box that's gonna be under $200 without modding anything or doing anything special.

bulletproof and bossaddict like this.
  9. joff

joff Senior Member

I have the Neunaber WET Mono Version 4...sounds great thru' my EC Vibro Champ. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  10. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

I am a bit biased to TC Electronic in modulation effects so I would say Hall of Fame.. I don’t have it but i like TCE products in general

bulletproof likes this.
  11. Mookakian

Mookakian Senior Member

Neunaber wins in the verb department to me hands down. Ive had 4 TC products and all had issues so i just cant suggest them to others.

Otherwise for versatility the strymon units all sound nice, but for me its always neunaber, the algorythms they put out are sublime