Retirement Goodies

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by fatdaddypreacher, Apr 24, 2017.

1. fatdaddypreacher

fatdaddypreacher V.I.P. Member

well, i finally had to leave my job due to persistent and worsening back issues. i have to work a little smarter with smaller jobs and the such, as building furniture and being on my feet all day was too much for this old frame of mine, so i added a little space onto my shop to enable me to take on some small projects here at the house, none the least is to get back to building a guitar every now and again. i had been there 13 years, and my desk was the custodian of all of the exotic wood fall-offs we've accumulated over the years. occasionally i'd talk the boss into letting me buy a piece big enough to get a couple of fretboards out of, but had my eye on some really swell stuff i planned on approaching him about when i left, but before i could, he told me to load up whatever i wanted our from underneath the bench......so i did. scored some very nice ebony, rosewood, zebra wood, and nice mahogany big enough for small gift boxes/music boxes, etc. pictured is some of the rosewood and ebony. i guess the phrase 'will work for wood' actually works occasionally. IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5537.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5537.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5537.JPG IMG_5540.JPG

fumblefinger, archey, RAG7890 and 9 others like this.
  2. Skyjerk

Skyjerk Meatbomb

Nice score FDP. Those are some awesome looking pieces. Nice score on retirement too, although it sucks being forced to do it because of health issues. If I ever do get to the point I cant work my day job anymore I'll definitely have to keep supplementing with side jobs too.

Hope too see some nice Campo builds in the not too distant future :)

3. jkes01

jkes01 Senior Member

That is a beautiful stash you have there. I too can't wait to see what comes out of your shop, just take your time :thumb:

fatdaddypreacher likes this.
  4. fatdaddypreacher

thanks chris. personally, i'd like to see you be able to go full time with your guitar work.
    thank you kind sir

fumblefinger likes this.
  5. fatdaddypreacher

6. fatdaddypreacher

ya'll disregard these posts. i'm trying to figure out how to post pics to a thread and can't figure it out.

7. fatdaddypreacher

okay....trying to load a picture from a computer file, like i've always done, and it won't take it here on the forum, as it says security error or something of the like. anybody have a clue what my problem is?

8. jkes01

jkes01 Senior Member

Are you clicking the camera icon in the posting tool bar?

9. fatdaddypreacher

i guess not since i don't have a clue what you're talking about :) lemme try that. tried but can't seem to figure it out. you'll have to excuse me, i'm old and cranky.

10. fatdaddypreacher

i'm thinking maybe my pics are too big to load, but i don't see a message or an alert anywhere that tells me that. i'm simply trying to guess my way through this, as i am computer impaired.

11. jkes01

jkes01 Senior Member

At the bottom of the window where you type your post, there is a button called Upload a File.

I think the size limit is 10MB :dunno:

12. fumblefinger

fumblefinger Senior Member

Well congrats on retirement, even if it wasn't what or when you'd planned. Now all of those little exotic scraps that you couldn't stand to throw away can become lovely small boxes that sell well at flea markets. Don't know if you're a gun guy, but one of my co-workers used to do custom reloads. He made these nice little boxes with slide out lids for his work. I know guys who used to buy his reloads just to get the boxes so they could take ammo to the range in them. Just a thought...