Spline-time. I modeled my splines after the ones BCGgreg makes, right down to how I labeled them. Tools used: Cheapie table saw, "Mouse" palm sander (not all that useful for small parts you're holding in your hand) and some 180 grit sandpaper. I adjusted the fence on the tablesaw, and cut scrap until I got the thickness I wanted. The spline on the bass side needs non-parallel sides, so it gets cut thick and needs a lot more hand-sanding. Along the bottom of the route, and alongside the beak-line I get a nice snug fit. In other places, not as snug due to poor router technique, and not rounding the ends of the splines perfectly. Click below if you just want to see more pics of the spline fit. I won't put them all in-line with the post.