Remember 9-11-01

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by GuitarGal, Sep 11, 2007.

1. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

My family and I will always remember 9-11-01 because of my nephew was born in Oklahoma one hour after it happened~

My heart goes out to these family and friends~ Let's remember them and keep them in our prayers~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

Lost friends in Tower Two.

I will never forget, and may punishment find those responsible.

3. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

May our children never forget & live in peace
    :hippie:

4. TattooedCarrot

TattooedCarrot Ferro Picta Carota

5. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

Wow, neat tattoos~ thanks for sharing~ ;)

6. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

I second that~

How are you by the way? :wave:

7. johnreardon

johnreardon Senior Member

Dreadful thing to happen. I was working from home, that day, and the missus called me to have a look at the TV. I do hope those people who lost friends and family members can eventually live their lives, without too much grieving.

Never forget, but remember them as they were, not what they suffered on that awful day.

8. waynesmith

waynesmith Senior Member

Never forget the souls lost that dreadful day and support and pray for our troops that defend us today.......

9. Bobby_Lee

Bobby_Lee V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Being from Rockland County, NY which is just above NYC where there are spots in the county you can see Manhattan, 9-11 always brings a lot of intense feelings. If you didn't know someone that was killed that day, than you knew someone that did. A large amount of people from Rockland County work in Manhattan. Even now as I write this I get a lump in my throat. I know we have another Rockland County guitarist (waynesmith) here that could probably tell you the same thing. Always remember to say a prayer for those who died that day, especially the fireman, police, and rescue workers.....Peace

10. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Having seen that shit with my own eyes, all I can say is; "There are no words I can type that would even come close to accurately conveying my feelings on this subject".

I'll simply say; "NO, I'll never forget".

11. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

God Bless them all ! May they Rest in Peace !

The fireman that went into those buildings without any
    concern for their own safety are Hero's in my Book .

Lets hope that we NEVER have an attack on our country ever again.

12. terence_tez

terence_tez V.I.P. Member

i will never forget...i was stayin up late by myself watchin some late night programme on tv when there was an emergency newsflash on the attack,which was on "live".i can only say that the sight of the towers up in smoke was just sheer horror.now,even though it was happeningg so far away from me,somehow,i could feel a chill up my spine.and shortly after,when they announced that one of the towers have collapsed,i just broke down.NOBODY,should have to go through that kind of horror...what touched me the most was watchin this documentary which re-enacted what really happened that day,with eye-witness accounts from survivors.i was so moved from learning that absolute strangers were risking their lives fer one another,of the selfless sacrifices the rescue workers made,in particular the firefighters and policemen,who made the ultimate sacrifice.no,i will never forget that day and all those who have died.to those who have lost someone ,my heart goes out to all of you.to all of you my american friends on this forum,i respect the human spirit that you have showed to us.to all those who lost their lives,the world will never forget you...rest in peace my friends.

13. MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

i was there the year before it happened..

thank God it didn't happen then :)

14. GeeJay

GeeJay Senior Member

It was one of those occasions when even though I was thousands of miles away, I felt totally numbed and stupified. My brain could simply not accept what my eyes could see (on TV).

For those that lost their lives, their friends and/or their family, the heart of the free world goes out to you. We must NEVER forget this attrocity. We can NEVER forgive the perpetrators, only God can do that.

Hopefully one day those that planned the events on that day and who continue to justify their barbaric actions, will be brought to justice.

Unfortunately they will continue to believe that they are right, as Sadaam Hussain did right to the end. Only if they do indeed make it to that other place and meet their prophet, will they truly understand how misguided they were in this life and how wrong their crimes were. Only then will they feel guilty about what they have done and they'll be feeling that way for a long long time....

15. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

I can't begin to write about how I feel about that day and how it affected my family & friends.

It will never be forgotten in my house. To all that suffered because of that day. My heart goes out to you...

16. terence_tez

terence_tez V.I.P. Member

17. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I'll add to that; "Where the **** does Tom Lantos come off thinking that he can speak to a four star general like THAT"???

Like a friend of mine said; "For a dude who by a miracle missed his date with Zyklon B you would think he would be a little more on board with the idea of eradicating pure evil from the planet".

:wtf:

18. ReverendJWblues

ReverendJWblues MLP Chaplain V.I.P. Member

I was 2 miles away from the OKC bombing at the time that it happned. If I had been at my old job at the time it happened I probably wouldnt be here with you all today. I can ony imagine how you people in NYC feel. Its always eerie to me still when I go downtown. But keep the faith people EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY.

19. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

Yeah, so was my parents! They live close like 20 mins away~ they heard and felt little shake~ I was living in other state during at that time~

20. GuitarGal

GuitarGal Senior Member

I'm not here to preach but the Bible says that if we don't forgive others then God will not forgive us~ Yes, God does forgives but we must forgive also~