Reintroduction after 2 years

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RayTorvalds, May 3, 2017.

1. RayTorvalds

RayTorvalds Senior Member

I've been a member of this lovely forum shortly after I started playing guitar again, after (god, I'm old) a 2 decade break. I still suck, but I did get better in these 2 years. I don't have a real Les Paul yet and the only one I have GAS for is a black beauty. I have a Maybach Lester. Which, to me, is amazing. I don't need a "burst" anymore (with Gibson on it). The Maybach does it for me.
    But there WILL be a Gibson Custom some day (black), maybe even a Norlin of my birth year (76).
    (unless you guys would advise me otherwise on that one).

In these 2 years I've been back into guitar, I got interested in Les Pauls and really delved into them on the interwebz (that is how I found this forum). So I know a bit more about them now. Most of it I learned here, on this forum.
    This forum has been so great to me, I've learned a LOT here on all kinds of things (and yes, it takes time off of my practicing, I should be :acoustic: instead of reading forum :laugh2:)

So that leads me to thanking all of you guys for all the input and the warm welcome to this forum. You have all been great to me ! (except for Peter, he keeps igniting my black custom GAS... haha cheers Paruwi/Peter :yesway:)

Thank you for sharing your knowledge everyone ! May you and the ones you love be well and in good health :cheers2:

Ray from the Netherlands

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Glad I could really help you with the GAS....

[​IMG]

RayTorvalds likes this.
  3. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Member

welcome back ! yeah, ya got to watch that paruwi(Peter). ha ha :laugh2: (actually, Peter and I have been friends for a very long time. he's a good guy.)

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    RayTorvalds and paruwi like this.
  4. RayTorvalds

Thank you Sgt Rock :) It's great to be back at guitar playing. Literally, every day I get excited when I open the case of my main guitar and pick it up.
    It feels like coming back home.

S. Rock likes this.
  5. herbalist

herbalist Senior Member

Hi Ray :cheers2:

RayTorvalds likes this.
  6. RayTorvalds

7. bblooz

bblooz Senior Member

Keep savin' your pennies, that BB LPC with your name on it is out there - waiting!