Reference a member using @member link

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by powerslide, Dec 29, 2017.

1. powerslide

powerslide Senior Member

Ok, im sure im missing something simple, but I can no longer reference or thank a member in a post using the @member link. How can I thank or reference @powerslide for example so it links to the member profile and is this any different when using a desktop, phone or tablet?

Thanks!

2. powerslide

powerslide Senior Member

Umm, ok, so it worked in this post but not some of my others, I'll chalk this up to too many whiskey sours.

Please disregard.

:cheers:

3. DarrellV

DarrellV Make the Switch for the Better! Silver Supporter Premium Member

I can add that it is fussy and if you don't leave a space after the link, it won't work.

Don't know if you noticed but if you put the @ symbol and start typing the member's name, it will pop up a list of suggestions. I always use the list since that's what the system is offering so I can't miss.

I've noticed that it will also wipe out other text that comes after it if you try to go back and add a link later.

Example...
    link popup.jpg

powerslide likes this.
  4. powerslide

powerslide Senior Member

Thank you @DarrellV very much. Wasn't sure if something changed or if it was just me. Didn't know about the pop up list, very helpful.

Thanks again!

DarrellV likes this.
  5. DarrellV

DarrellV Make the Switch for the Better! Silver Supporter Premium Member

You are most welcome! Don't know if i missed your introduction, but :welcome: to the forum! :wave:

Lots of good people in here and we all hope you stick around and enjoy your stay at the best little corner on the internet!:jam: