Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Benjammin, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

Must've missed that when I played it the first time 8 years ago. Still, that warning doesn't give a clear indication of what that mission entails. A lot of the typical COD could be distrubing to certain people

2. Malikon

Malikon Skreeeeee-ONK! V.I.P. Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Russian

I knew about it and had seen the level before the game came out. I think the controversy surrounding it is why they had the warning.

Not sure how the warning worked, if it just removed the level from the game or if once you got to that level you got a prompt to skip it or something.

3. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

I guess that's what I get for being an uninformed gamer

4. Malikon

it was kind of a big deal at the time for the reasons you mentioned. A lot of people weren't happy about it.

Lampens likes this.
  5. Lampens

Lampens Senior Member

Yeah, it was weird. At first I figured it was like a test or something. I don't know which game I played before it but with the sandbox games carving your own path you almost expect to have options. But CoD is more a lineair game of course.

6. Malikon

CoD is a glorified rail/hallway shooter.

7. Bill Hicklin

Bill Hicklin Senior Member

A recurring theme of RDR was delusion and self-deception: long-dead wives and fiancees, walking to California, returning to Shanghai, Seth and his "treasure," Dickens' bullsh*t, Irish' lies, Luisa believing in Reyes' "love" and his reformer posturing.... all of it holding a mirror up to Marston, who spends the game deluding himself, convincing himself that the Feds really are going to allow him to live a normal life and die of old age; that his past will be forgiven.

Benjammin likes this.
  8. Malikon

it's almost a shame it's a game because those who don't play games are missing out on a seriously good western movie.

Bill Hicklin, smk506, Lampens and 2 others like this.
  9. YoshiJimbo

YoshiJimbo Senior Member

I had a hard time getting into the first RDR. Although it seemed like an open world Wild West game like Grand Theft Auto, whenever I tried to run around causing mayhem about a dozen dead-eye Sheriffs would show up out of nowhere and quickly put a stop to the fun.

Benjammin likes this.
  10. PeteK

PeteK Senior Member

The trailer seemed to have much more of an emphasis on being a bad guy. I wonder if karma is still going to matter? I mean, Redemption is still in the title and I have full confidence in Rockstar's storytelling abilities. I just don't want to just be some bandit. I'd like some sort of noble purpose behind my misdeeds. :laugh2:

Benjammin likes this.
  11. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

The trailer does give off a vibe that reminds me of the GTAV trailer. I wonder if they're trying to bridge the 2 a bit more.

I did like the honor system in RDR, id like to see it return. I usually played as a good guy, but every once in a while I'd go bad. It was fun, butnot really worth it, everything costs more

12. Benjammin

Benjammin Senior Member

That's what happens when you break the law. Its easier to play through the game when you're a good guy, and its more fun to be bad after you've established yourself more

YoshiJimbo likes this.
  13. Bill Hicklin

Bill Hicklin Senior Member

Exactly. If RDR was a TV miniseries it would have vacuumed up Emmys.

Malikon likes this.