Recreational pot in Colorado

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by 76 ibanez 2619, Jun 30, 2014.

1. 76 ibanez 2619

76 ibanez 2619 Senior Member

Some of these folks are being quite irresponsible. Pot tourism is becoming big, tourist getting off the plane, buying an infused candy bar, going to their hotel rooms and freaking out. They call the rescue squad with a range of symptoms of being just too messed to violent vomiting and psychosis.
    Label on the candy wrapper says 10 doses! They ate the whole thing!
    Then there are the infused “gummy bears that have over a dose each. Folke eat one and don’t wait long enough, are impatient and eat another, or more. Same results.
    WTF! Making it something a little kid could find (and some have) that identify as something for kids!
    Get real! Don’t make it attractive to kids and when you’re done with it put it out of their sight!
    I have nothing wrong with the law BTW. I just think more obvious labeling and better care in storage/common sense is in order.

5 people like this.
  2. PraXis

PraXis V.I.P. Member

There are always risks to some of our freedoms. I look at it as a way of weeding out the idiots who do not understand self-control and/or moderation.

14 people like this.
  3. cmh6122

cmh6122 Senior Member

Stupid is as stupid does.

Thought Forrest had proven that some time back.

4 people like this.
  4. danohat

danohat Senior Member

Rookies.

11 people like this.
  5. michaelinokc

michaelinokc Senior Member

Personally, I think it makes more sense to put one dose per SERVING in the infused candy. But reading the instructions does seem prudent.

4 people like this.
  6. 76 ibanez 2619

I think the thing that bother's me most is leaving the gummy bears out for kids to possibly find, And they make cookies too, 6 doses per cookie.
    Now if an adult is too stupid to read the label but to put them into something little kids think is made for them, trouble waiting to happen.

2 people like this.
  7. Paracelsian

Paracelsian Senior Member

Well they (edibles) shouldn't be within reach of kids, and I can tell you for damn sure no 12 yr-old is going into a shop buying thc/infused gummy bears. Parents need to keep them safely stored, like alcohol, cigarettes, matches, ammonia/bleach/other dangerous chems, etc.
    I'm all for pot tourism! You can take a weed shuttle cheaper than a regular old, smelly, curmudgeon shuttle. As far as people "overdosing":
    A) they're pussies and are probably also loaded to the gills on xanax, oxy, other pharm.'s, and/or are drinking (especially the flatlanders, alcohol has a little stronger effect above 5k, and quite a bit more effect at 10k+, as does the pot, bho dabs at 14k rule btw:).

B) they should learn to read, esp. if the above applies

4 people like this.
  8. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

I live in CO, and can tell you that legalization of pot has caused no crime rate increase or other problems. Can you take too much of it and have an accident? Yes, just like beer, you can. Indeed, we have more alcohol-related crimes and accidents than pot related (about zero).

The State of CO is way ahead of you on kids thinking pot-infused edibles are regular candy. We've got new regs on the packaging and appearance of the edibles.

Come to CO for a visit and see for yourself. Except for the occasional whiff of pot smoke (which you can smell in a lot of other places), it is still the same old, lain back CO.

15 people like this.
  9. realjimjim

realjimjim Senior Member

Dope is for dopes.

1 person likes this.
  10. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Guns look like fun for little kids too. Ban guns?

6 people like this.
  11. BluesRock

BluesRock Senior Member

This is all somewhat new. I'm sure as issues like these continue to arise, regulations will be put into effect to address them. That may be through legislation or less likely, producers will impose their own regulatory standards before someone else does.

An obvious one like limiting the the content of any single piece of food such as a cookie or candy bar to one dose seems like it would make sense. For smaller things like gummy bears - perhaps one dose per package?

1 person likes this.
  12. BigDipper15

BigDipper15 Hack Guitarist Premium Member

LOL. Someone sitting on their couch watching Fox news holding there AR-15 while typing? Talk about a quantum leap.

3 people like this.
  13. 76 ibanez 2619

I completely agree with all the comments on storage, but who would have thought to read "serings per conainer. Not me, I buy a hershey bare and it's one serving and all mine.
    Serving size should be in bold letters on the top af the wrapper. JMO.

Here's a link to the show if anyone is interested:

Colorado

14. Paracelsian

There is every candy/edible you can imagine, even soda's, tea's, what have you. All are different strengths, if you are intolerant you should regard the label info.
    And again, they shouldn't be left where they are available to little hands. Or they should at the very least be told to not pick up/eat anything they find laying around. When I was a kid I loved root beer, comes in amber bottles that look just like beer:). I never went into the fridge and swilled a beer though it was packaged similarly, nor wolfed down chocolate ex-lax because it looked like chocolate (or AYDS diet candy lol). Because I was told "don't touch this", responsible parents and all.

2 people like this.
  15. 76 ibanez 2619

Look, I'm all for the law, it's about time. Washinton's law goes into effect in a few days.

1 person likes this.
  16. michaelinokc

michaelinokc Senior Member

It makes no sense to put 10 doses of pot in one candy bar. Even if you know, you get the munchies. Shit's gonna happen.

4 people like this.
  17. Comanche

Comanche Senior Member

Quick, crank up the anti drug spin.

4 people like this.
  18. Paracelsian

Does it make sense to bottle 80 proof liquor, or 151, or everclear? Should there be nothing above 5% ABV?
    Moderation. The key to most things, other than boobs or money.

7 people like this.
  19. jeff_farkas

jeff_farkas Senior Member

I agree .. but I hope the label on the bar has a large label informing people on the dosage of THC.

20. Paracelsian

Yep, they do. Unless I made them. But I'm against labeling because it breeds contempt and fosters division amongst those who do or don't share the same label. Equality, an' all that shit, don't be cultivated by labels. One love, peace-

PS-
    Never buy candy from me.

3 people like this.