Recording To PC

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Stoli, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Stoli

Stoli Senior Member

Thanks to all of you that have commented in this thread. A little more info and follow up question or two. I had a computer tech who is also a musician spec out a couple of machines for me. One of the machines that he speced had the SSD hard drive, I am not clear exactly what the hard drive is on the other machine but am going to follow up with him.

Another question-- I have a set of Logitech usb speakers that I bought about 10 years ago. They sound great and sort of turn you PC into a home stereo. I am not clear whether I could hear what I am playing through those speakers or whether the only way to do it is hook speakers of some sort up to the box. If the sound is good it would seem to be less hassle to just use the usb speakers with the Pc IF you can playback through those without noticeable latency. If there is noticeable drag then that is a no go for me.
  2. MooCheng

MooCheng Senior Member

have been using a 2i2 for some time now,
    I'm a Linux geek so using Ardour 4 or Audacity when I just want a quick record.
    Have no idea how Albeton shapes up, never used it but have only heard good things.

If its any help, the greatest improvement was when changing to 64 bit and installing 8 gig, 4 gig ( less in reality) with 32 bit was never enough to successfully run Ardour