Reaper Problems

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Lifelong Gibson Lover, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Lifelong Gibson Lover

Lifelong Gibson Lover Senior Member

Nothing major but a little annoying. I can't seem to find icons anymore when adding tracks to songs. When I click on Set Icon It opens up a file on my laptop and I can't find any compatible files. When I first used it a dialogue box within Reaper opened and it was straight forward. Also I registered on the Reaper forum to try finding the answer and download a new theme. I can log on ok but because I have not received a confirmation email I can't do anything on there. I sent a message explaining this but still nothing. Is that their customer support always this bad? Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated.

2. Toogy

Toogy Senior Member

check that the path for the icons is correct, on my system the path for icons is:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Data\track_icons

Lifelong Gibson Lover likes this.
  3. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

I had a similar issue with Sonar years ago.....

During a disc clean up and defrag the files got compressed and Sonar wouldn't read them.

4. Lifelong Gibson Lover

Lifelong Gibson Lover Senior Member

Thanks Toogy. Not sure I've found all the icons I had but at least I've got enough to help identify tracks at a glance. Much appreciated.