RAT + Bluesbreaker gain stacking

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by 5F6-A, Jul 23, 2017.

1. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

Well, I have the Mooer versions (i.e. Black Secret and Blues Crab). The blues Crab is my to go, basic tone with a slight overdriven tope with nice overtones and controlled low end (I play a JTM45 with KT66s). By comparison, the Black Secret offers a slightly different type of drive: more gain on tap and quite a different voicing. But recently I have started stacking both with some good results. Anybody has combined these two circuits?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    bulletproof and mdubya like this.
  2. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Nope. But stacking a couple of OD's is awesome. I like to stack OD and fuzz or treble boost.

That Pedal Show stacked a Beano Boost into a Klon that was :wow: .

I would try a Tube Screamer with the drive and the tone set very low into one of those pedals. Or use one for rhythm tone with the other set to boost it for leads.

bulletproof, Rich and 5F6-A like this.
  3. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

I have a graphic eq into the RAT clone into the BB clone. The possibilities are endless.... only problem is that neither of them have loads of headroom so it's easy to clog up the pedals. However, if used carefully, there are sooo many usable tones. Me likes!

4. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Senior Member

Well F6 keep in mind that the RAT is a distortion pedal and the Bluesbreaker is an OD pedal.
    Technically one probably wouldn't want to be distorting your OD sound or ODing your distorted sound.lol
    But if it works for you more power to you.:rock:

5. ivan H

ivan H Member

Just recently I've been running a tube screamer clone into a rat clone, drive on the tube screamer set very low (level at unity) & I like it a lot. The tube screamer seems to tighten the rat's distortion up. Cheers

6. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

One of my fave stacks is the ole Xotic AC into the Lovepedal COT-50....I set the AC with just about 8'o'clock with the gain and volume/treb/bass all at noon, the COT is set at around 9'0'clock into the clean channel of a Traynor YVC-20 with a splash of 'verb. :dude:

Old vid,but,heres the toanz....I do believe I have the RC in the chain as well,:hmm:. Funny thing,listening to this tone now,I use way less highs now.