R7...

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by fretbuzzard, May 19, 2007.

1. fretbuzzard

fretbuzzard Member

I'm considering selling off a few pieces of gear and getting an R7.

How much should I expect to pay for one of these used in solid condition? Any years better than others?

2. HeeBGB

HeeBGB Senior Member

An '03 brazillian would be cool! I have a '99 that I paid $1600 for off eBay about 2 years ago. It was a local pickup so it was $1600 flat plus my time to drive out to Long Island. I had a pro do a fret dress and set-up. I changed the PUP's and electronics.

I would expect to pay between $1700 and $2200 for one these days. I would also expect to have to upgrade the PUP's and electronics but that's me! I wouldn't pay more than $2k unless it was an '03 Braz board and I had to have it.

3. Tone Hunter 81

Tone Hunter 81 Senior Member

I've seen 03 Braz board R7 go for over $3k on ebay. I got a new one (06 VOS) for $2350 off an internet dealer. I've seen 05's and older go for around $2k on ebay. The word I've heard is that Gibson is using better wood since 06. R9's suppossedly get the better wood (weight less). Mine weighs 8.78 lbs and sounds killer! You do want to replace the pups, reissue bumblebees, and the volume pots with some from RS. Good luck!:fingersx:

4. PRSKILLER

PRSKILLER Member

For used I wouldn't pay more than 2K unless it's BRZwood. I bought mines new for 2.4K and I'm really digging it. So glad to be back with a dear friend who's name Les Paul.:slash:

5. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

I saw a brand new one hanging on the wall at my local guitar shop for $3000. Ridiculous!

6. Tone Hunter 81

Tone Hunter 81 Senior Member

new ones in a shop are a rip! My experience is they never want to deal.
    Internet dealers or LPF dealers have the best deals

7. fretbuzzard

fretbuzzard Member

not an historic, but I got a great deal and it plays great...

[​IMG]