Questions on a MIJ LPC-80

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by mr70ss, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mr70ss

mr70ss Member

Well I purchased my first MIJ Epi LPC-80 2001 I think. The serial number starts with 111###, and I belive that in 91 only the Orville brand was being used. So I have a coupe of questions about it but first a couple of pics from the seller...

Now for the questions...

1. It has Grovers and 98% of the LPC-80's I've seen have Gotoh's, that being said I have seen a few with Grovers.. Did any of the MIJ LPC-80's come from the factory with Grovers? My guess is no but I wanted to ask the experts.

2. The pickup switch has a black tip and again most of the other LPC-80's I've seen are white, but I have seen both. So which is stock from the factory?

3. I know the truss rod cover is not correct, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a original vertical "Gibson" one?

I am pretty excited to get this baby in, hopefully next week and see how she sounds.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    straybeat likes this.
  2. El Greco

El Greco Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    mr70ss likes this.
  3. mr70ss

mr70ss Member

4. El Greco

El Greco Senior Member

Then, they are more likely aftermarket, as it is the bridge and probably the tailpiece too!

5. mr70ss

mr70ss Member

That makes sense, thanks again. I'll post some more pics once I have it in hand.

El Greco likes this.