Putting together a Helix Hybrid Live Setup

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by CaptainT, Feb 20, 2018.

1. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Hi guys,

I am putting together my Live-Rig for use with my Helix LT.

I am using a Fender Bassbreaker 18/30, the Helix LT as a Multi FX Board and Amp - Channelswitcher.

This is my first Band and my first Live Rig and so I am not sure what else I´ll be needing.

I have all the cables to connect with the amp/guitar/Helix.

Most places we could play don´t have PA for the instruments, only the vocalist will be mic´d.

I programmed 2 setlists into my Helix. One that works with my Bassbreaker and a second one which uses modelled amps and cabs in case we´d be able to play into a P.A.

Is there anything else I need for playing Live? Any hints would be appreciated:) How do you run the cables? The amp is behind me, while the Helix is in front of me. I thought about taping the cables to the floor.

Cheers,

thorsten

StingyCH likes this.
  2. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded guy from Heidi land..

Hi, and nice rig choice but, just a question: Why not going the FRFR way? With this method you can have the full versatility of the Helix using his IR's, and more fidelity on the amp that are modeled on it..and, a lot of power if you choose the right cab. For your question..your amp, IIRC, comes without FX loop right? Now back to your question: basically you're going in front of it (amp) with the Helix..in this case you don't need anything else..Helix ->Amp->ready to rock :)

CaptainT likes this.
  3. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Yes I am going into the front of the amp:)

FRFR is planned for the end of the year. Just started the full renovation of a house, so I can´t justify the money for a FRFR box at the moment:)

But I am saving up for either a Friedman ASC12 or a Red sound RS LG 12.

StingyCH likes this.
  4. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded guy from Heidi land..

Damn..now I can really say "I know the feeling" :D a bit different tho: me & the wife found the house we really want to buy so...no money wasted for me too, time to grow up :D Btw congrats for your house and, I forgot before: I have no amp but I have a "similar" setup..I mean, I go 4 cables method from the LT to my Kemper, which is MY AMP, in his FX loop, and sometimes I use just the LT as is, always into my FRFR cab. Last but not least: don't ask me why but, earlier this year I used to think that nothing can beat the Kemper..now I found some love for the LT..what a fantastic unit :)

matthew bear and CaptainT like this.
  5. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Growing up really sucks XD

StingyCH likes this.