PSA Fractal Black November sale is now on

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by tzd, Nov 13, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

I honestly really only just turn the dial. Play a preset as it. Get tired... Turn the dial again.. So when I hear guys say its complicated.. I say where?

2. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yea, I don't get that either. NOW, if you just used the front, and did a lot of tweaking, yeah, it's tedious, but still not really complicated.

And if you occasionally like to tweak, like to create new pedals from existing models, like I do, then using Axe Edit, it is really not that complicated. More complicated than turning a volume or gain knob? Yea a little.

But, as you say, most of the time, I am just selecting a preset (either front knob, or more often easily from Axe Edit) and off to the races.

frankv likes this.
  3. cybermgk

I bought mine on a sale. Not one NEARLY as good as this one. This is the best price I've seen it at. It also matches the usual sale price of a Kemper (hmmm).

mdubya likes this.
  4. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

I don't use presets at all. I always create my own, usually just amp and cab, sometimes and additional eq hitting the amps input, it maybe one after the cab to shape the time a little. And I can dial in a preset in about the same time it would take me to hookup an analog rig and dial it in. I say it all the time, just because it had a million disks and switches doesn't mean you have to tweak then all. Lol I only do that when I am in the mood to create a modded version of am amp. And I don't even have to drain the Caps to do it!

ttbit, cybermgk, frankv and 1 other person like this.
  5. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Good thing cause didn't you electrocute yourself once doing just that.. hahahahah

6. cybermgk

owie

frankv likes this.
  7. cybermgk

That's what I really like about the Axe. I can basically mod amps, which I too used to do with Tube amps. And, yep zero danger doing it, and a LOT easier and quicker.

Heck I've made modded amp blends too on a whim (Deluxe Rocker Verb anyone?)

One of the reasons I wanted the Axe (there are others) along with the Kemper. I satisfied that modding gas of mine, now and really forever. And, selling modded amps was never fun.

frankv likes this.
  8. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

well... Electrocute would be over exaggerating a little. lol more like a little zap. Nothing compared to when I used to do concert lighting, and a cable shorted against the stage rig I was climbing on, that one threw me 2 stories down to the ground...:headbanger:

frankv likes this.
  9. ttbit

ttbit Senior Member

I actually messed with the variac in my main preset and didn't hurt myself.

I can't believe how many times I see people saying they are not buying things because they give too many options. I admit, sometimes I get in the trap of tweaking and next thing you know, it is time for bed and I haven't practiced anything!

frankv likes this.
  10. frankv

Yeah I have a hard time understanding the "too many options" argument.. Especially since I am not a young fella. For me, I just like having many tonal options to play with. It makes me play longer and more frequently. And for that these units are worth their weight to me.

ttbit likes this.
  11. cybermgk

Axe doesn't weigh much, maybe worth 1000 times their weight in gold :D

frankv likes this.