PSA Fractal Black November sale is now on

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by tzd, Nov 13, 2017.

1. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

Because I don't want that many options. Bass, middle, treble, and gain are enough options for me. I like simple amps, guitars, and pedals. Heck, I don't like having more than 1 volume and 1 tone on a guitar.

cherrysunburst00 and AmpedUp like this.
  2. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Oh, I get that.. So your just visiting the modeling room to see how the other side plays? I ask because it doesn't seem like this room and set of topics is really your thing at all.. Am I right?

3. AmpedUp

AmpedUp Senior Member

Ampli-Firebox sounds like the perfect entry for you. Just saying.

4. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

For what it's worth, I'm a dyed in the wool luddite. I found the helix to be really, really simple...

BTW, welcome to the naughty corner of the amp forums :laugh2: Stick around and ask questions, hear some sound bites, and consider our menacing ways :naughty:

AmpedUp and mdubya like this.
  5. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

*Mod Note*

If you're not into modeling amps, then we will ask you not to critique them here.

This sub-forum is reserved for those into modeling amps, or those who are curious and wish to learn more about them.

The mod staff has been through the wringer on dealing with problems surrounding this issue on both sides of modeling and tubes.

We have what seems to be a moment of peace, so we ask that the fans of a particular type of gear stick to their own areas.

AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  6. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Done right, you will barely touch a knob on the Fractal models. Just click through to the amp you want to try next. With the AX8, the most I really do is click on the effects. I have done a little tweaking here and there, but that is usually a one time deal; save it and use it that way always. That said, if you want to adjust something, the sky is the limit. :lol:

Certain models, with the right guitar, could easily be the only model you play for days.

cybermgk, AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  7. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Yes Dave. I think this will eliminate most of the problems before they start. Thanks for posting this. All too often and for whatever reason, guys with really no interest in a topic see a need to tell everyone why they are not interested in a topic... and this, as you know, starts the trouble. Its a simple fix. The site is so big there are many places guys can go to find something they ARE interested in.

8. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Did you get a chance to demo the Orange models? Thoughts? I think the Big Muff and the Rat pair up pretty well with the Rockerverb. Though I tend to use my own external pedals as often as not.

I would recommend investigating the Dual Rectifier Vintage and the Diezel models, too, for the types of things I think you like.

frankv likes this.
  9. frankv

Mark. I get you are trying to help someone see the benefits of Fractal.. But we often get blamed for "telling people what they like and don't like" The person you quoted made his case clearly that he DOESN'T WANT many options.. So then, why be here.. right? That's the point. You know how this goes. At first someone tries to convince another that this tech is great and he should have it.. Then the banter starts and before you know it.. The thread is off the tracks.

If someone doesn't want any options and even only wants 2 knobs on his guitar.. Then I am sure the main amp room is for them. Because AXE FX and AXE Edit have a million options... Even if none of them have to be used at all. As you point out.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    mdubya likes this.
  10. LtDave32

I laid this out for everyone very carefully in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Unfortunately, relatively few seem to have read it. And those who have, often have shown to ignore it. -from both camps.

And that's unhealthy from any perspective. I meant what I said.

frankv likes this.
  11. LtDave32

And with that, please focus on the topic at hand, and not on the problems. Problems have been handled. That should be the end of it.

If it crops up again, please report the post. We've seen that such action works.

frankv likes this.
  12. frankv

Hey I get that guys are curious about this "new" stuff. I get that very well. No issues with that. We all welcome anyone interested in this stuff. But like I have been accused many times in the beginning of this Modeling Thing of trying to tell someone what they like.... That is exactly what has caused many many problems before there was a dedicated modeling room. It always boggled my mind that there are so many different places someone can go on this forum.. Why would they go into a room that they state they have no interest in? I am certainly not accusing anyone of Trolling.. But that's trolling

13. frankv

Yes indeed. Thanks again.,.

14. frankv

My offer to remote into your computer and give you a good run down on how to quickly operate the unit still stands. Plus I can upload to you some killer presets.

15. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

I actually only posted in this thread because I clicked the "new posts" tab and saw it. I don't have anything against modeling amps. I think they're pretty cool honestly. I like seeing other people's gear and reading their experiences, even if that gear isn't really a fit for me. I didn't know there had been issues with this topic in the past, so my apologies if I stirred anything up. That was not my intention. :h5:

16. frankv

We are just being over sensitive my friend because there have been so many problems that start kinda the way your post did. No harm and no foul. We love to have you checking out this stuff.

I Break Things likes this.
  17. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Anyone know if Fractal ever runs a similar sale during the year? I'm not ready to buy yet but that seems like a great deal.

18. Pwrmac7600

Pwrmac7600 Premium Member

Usually not. This is normally the only time of the year unless they are doing a b-stock sale.

frankv and kfowler8 like this.
  19. Caoimhin

Caoimhin Senior Member

The Gemini straight 212 cab is my 2nd choice. I have points to use on Musician's Friend so I may go with that one.

20. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

But, if you have the average amp, 3 EQ, a volume, a gain, say 3 pedals for 9 more knobs, it isn't that simple any more, is it.

RAG7890 likes this.