Problems

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Dolebludger, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

In the last few days, I have not received email notice of new posts to a thread I've described to. Also I have bed unable to "like" posts of others. Help, please.

2. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372077

Have you checked the "Junk" folder/section of your Email..

Maybe the notification emails started getting dumped into there after your ISP issue a few days ago.
    Maybe moving them from the "Junk" folder into your "In" box will solve the problem.

3. Dolebludger

chasen,

Just checked and my subscribed thread notifications were there. Now, how do I get them to my inbox, where they belong?

4. chasenblues

I don't know how your particular email system happens to work.

One of the ones i use is from Yahoo.

If there is an Email in the "Spam/Junk" folder if i "click/check" that email(Blue Arrow).

Then move the Cursor over to the "Not Spam" tab(Red arrow) and click on it. It moves that email From the "Spam/Junk" folder back into my "In" box.

[​IMG]

That should also change the classification for the email from "Spam/Junk" to one that should be accepted into your "In" box.

Again i don't know which email service your using,The basic steps could be different.

5. Playyouraxeon11

Playyouraxeon11 Banned

I got closed out of a thread. I realise why this happened and I want to say sorry and to say that I'll take care not to do that again. Thanks, all.

6. Dolebludger

I'm on AOL through a Safari server on a Mac. I went through the spam/junk and re-marked each MLP email to my inbox. Hope that solves the problem in the future.

7. chasenblues

This post doesn't belong here.

If you're referring to this thread,

"Re: Baton Rouge: 'Three US police officers shot'"

You weren't closed out of it,The thread itself was closed for other reasons.

You may want read this page(If you haven't already) as it contains the rules of the forum.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315

8. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

Dole, it will be fixed soon. Four months update as I understand it.

9. chasenblues

10. Dolebludger

(Like) ,

We couldn't quite fugre this all out fro my jigs info, but did add MLP to my address book, which should solve the problem.

11. Dolebludger

Nope, I'm still getting MLP email on spam! Beginning to suspect it is connected with the forum's software change.

12. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

I went through your posts and didn't see anything that would breach the rules.

You can PM a moderator with specific questions if you wish.

I did close two threads today due to an insufferable amount of trouble, but you were not the cause of it. You're doin' okay. :)

13. chasenblues

I sincerely believe that if the issue was because of the recent software upgrade that the problem would be more wide spread and effecting more members and not just you.

Did you read that AOL link and follow the steps on how to adjust the Spam control setting for you email account?

14. dangerdog

dangerdog Senior Member

Been like this for a few days.

I don't subscribe to threads so can not comment on that.

15. Dolebludger

chasen,
    Yes, I read the link, and we tried to use it the best we know how. We also added MLP to my address book. Problem persists. I don't know if the problem of MLP replies going to junk is widespread or not. To find out is one reaon I posted this thread. However I do know that none of my other mail is going to junk that shouldn't.

16. Dolebludger

After a couple of visits to our local Mac repair shop, I think I have the answer as to why, after the MLP shut down for the upgrade start, all my MLP email notices went to spam. Apparently, something MLP did in the brief shut down removed MLP from my AOL mail address list. What that "something" was is beyond the tech's understanding, and certainly beyond mine. But in any event, the problem is now fixed--and I hope it stays that way!

Now this post is not intended to cast any blame on MLP. There is no proof of what happened, and I wouldn't criticize if there were. After hearing all the facts and going through my Mac, all my tech can say is that somehow, the shut down removed AOL email's' ability to receive MLP notices in my in box -- so they went to spam. We accessed my email on two other computers of our friends and saw the same problem. Thus we know something happened at the time of the MLP shut down that wasn't very compatible with AOL email service.

So, this is only a request to MLP to consider what effects future actions in the upgrade may have on member's email service from AOL -- if any. I'd like to thank the mods and admin. for all they do, and I'm sure the upgrade will be great when complete. This is posted in the spirit of "they may not know of a possible problem unless somebody tells them".

Keep up the good work.

17. chasenblues

While it was "In the Shop" did you have them fix or address this issue?

18. Dolebludger

Chasenblues,

Yes, they fixed that issue at the same time -- and a couple of others too. When we were discussing the Adobe lack of plug in issue on another thread, somebody referred me to the Mac Ranch shop in my city. Thats where I took it, and they are competent, reasonable, friendly, fast, and close to my home.

19. chasenblues

:wave:

:laugh2:

20. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

:slap:

:laugh2: