Presonus Air10 FRFR powered speaker any owner or review ???

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by skysc, Aug 24, 2017.

1. skysc

skysc Senior Member

So i made a thread a few week ago about a powered FRFR speaker for modeler ( axe fx , kemper , helix , ) .

After checking the available speakers available with on best buy ( i have a gift card )
    i've realisez that a 10 inch would be perfect for my need ( played in a small room .. no need a more boomy 12 inch ) .

Id rather have a higher quality 10 inch . The available option for the 10 inch was a Presonus Air10 . no alto or yamaha dxr , ev zlx etc.. are available .

Now theres not much review of that speaker . I dont lknow much about Presonus except that they make audio interface . Is it a reputable company ??

the spec sheet is on the website under the AIR 10 . Its a Class D / Class AB powered speaker .

https://www-media-presonus.netdna-s.../pdf/A_Brief_Tutorial_on_Loudspeakers_web.pdf

NOw i dont know much about frequencies , class D/Class AB so i cant really read the spec sheet.

Ive read that it seeem to be very clear power and great quality . but thats only 1 review . i think theres a 5 years warranty on it .

WOuld you suggest it ???? over Altots212 , EV zlx12p

Its' 499 $ ( u.s ) . It seeem to be in the range of the YAMAHA DXR 10

thx

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. KenG

KenG Senior Member

12 inch woofers usually result in a lower crossover frequency because their high freq response falls off at a lower freq. 10's IMO will likely give more of the guitars primary tones in the speaker vs the tweeter/HF driver.
    I would look for acrossover freq well over 2KHz and want a ratio of 1/2 to 1/3 the speakers power amp wattage assigned to the HF driver.

Rhust likes this.
  3. Rhust

Rhust Senior Member

Hadn't seen those, but that's quite a bit considering the alternatives available. Even the Laney IrT-X is less $ and designed to be exactly what you want/need. For that you could get 2 good 8"studio monitors, but I know that's not exactly the same... but for low volume, it is a consideration.