Premium Quality Cables from Cutthroat Audio

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by Ron W, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Ron W

Ron W Cable Guy MLP Vendor MLP Sponsor

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest...

Cutthroat Audio, located in beautiful Coeur d'Alene, Idaho is pleased to announce the launch of their website, cutthroataudio.com

Cutthroat Audio LLC produces high-quality cables presented in a coherent and focused product line. Our Professional and Studio Grade instrument, speaker and patch cables are made using the highest quality components, while delivering maximum value for your gear dollar. Whether you play at home, onstage or in the studio, we've got you covered.

Our flagship cable, the Royal Wulff™ is among the lowest capacitance instrument cables available. Compare the Royal Wulff™ (16pF/ft capacitance) to Mogami Platinum (21pF/ft capacitance) @ $74.95 vs. 109.95; 12 ft, silent plug standard.

To commemorate the launch of our website, MLP forum members can receive an additional 20% savings during September and October by entering promo code MLP01 at checkout

Please drop us a line or stop by at www.cutthroataudio.com for more information.

2. Johnnyslim

Johnnyslim Member

I puchased a pair of Royal Wulff instrument cables recently. My band played a date in March with a pro sound guy at the board. It was a fine gig. Saturday night we played another date and I had my Cutthroat Audio "Copper John" power cable and a pair of 18' Royal Wulff instrument cables. Same old Les Paul's, same amp, same pedal board, same tubes. This same sound man was in the audience being a friend of the band. After our first set he came up to me and asked, "What did you do to your sound? It is overdriven but so damn clear and clean."

It speaks volumes when a pro sound man picks up on a good clean tone. The only things changed were my "Copper John" power cable and I swapped my Whirlwind cables for Ron's Royal Wulff. Folks, there is something to this low capacitance cable stuff. What a rather dramatic tone improvement. Tone is everything and Ron's cables let the true tone come though. Hearing is believing.

bulletproof likes this.
  3. GearHo

GearHo Premium Member

Best cables ever, Ron is great to do business with.

bulletproof likes this.
  4. Johnnyslim

Johnnyslim Member

Okay...another step in my progression of the best and clearest tone. I have Ron's "Copper John" power cable. I have the Royal Wullf instrument cables. The tone is greatly improved. I am running an 18' cable from the guitar to the pedal board and another 18' from the board to my amp. I have a rather basic pedal set up on the board. All of my patch cables are the colored cheap connectors you get when you buy six for $8. They worked fine.

The fact that the tone cleaned up so great with the other cables I threw caution to the wind and got Ron's solderless patch cable kit. I will say, my old Dunlop wha pedal has never sounded this good. The signal pass through the other few pedals I have, a boost and temolo, is so clear they are working like completely different pedals. The tremolo pedal is very clear and lush.

Honestly, these cables will force me to be a better and cleaner player. Cleaner meaning, as few mistakes as possible. The overall cleaner tone will make gaffs stand out more. The Whirlwind cables were fine but there is something there. I never would have imagined it until I compared it with Ron's cables. Ron uses Sommer cable and it is the lowest capacitance on the market. All I can add is...hearing is believing. Thanks Ron for the best cables on the market!