So, even though I told myself I wasn't going to building anymore guitars until I had completed/overhauled my last two builds and a restoration and even more so because I am away from home, I have somehow ended up building another guitar for myself whilst assisting in the build of a second guitar. The plan came about after I began giving guitar lessons to a guy who lived nearby. During the lesson he'd mentioned he wanted to build a guitar and that he had some 50 year old mahogany planks in his garage along with some some Victoria Ash/Tasmanian Oak (he wasn't sure where it came from - same thing though). After mentioning I had built a couple of guitars, we decided we were going to dive in. We decide we were both going to do neck-thru designs, I was going to base mine off my Stratocaster and he was going to use it for the neck dimensions and routing but has decided to make his own shape which I am yet to see. Ultimately the only differences between our guitars will be the 'wings'. At least how the plan is at the moment. Current specs for me are going to be: Hard Tail Bridge Pickguard mounted Brian May Burns Trisonics Locking tuners We began by cutting the Ash plank into 50mm wide planks. We plan to use three each for the neck/body part with the centre piece being a slightly thinning piece of Ash. Mixed in with some 20mm thin Mahogany and it should look pretty decent. We came to the 50mm based on the thickness of the guitar we're working off and then adding a bit extra for error and also because we are playing around with the idea of some semi-hollow wings. You might be able to see that some of these planks look quite 'pink' in colour (maybe a bit better in the next picture) and we have tried to match them as best we can so both our necks will be pretty uniform. I think this next picture is the bit of mahogany that was thinner and we ended up cutting four planks from it to make up the five piece neck. Once we sanded them back a bit, they did look gorgeous. And this is where we ended up as of Sunday. We would have gotten a bit further but the glue we had planned to use had gone off in the heat. Hopefully it got glued up today and will be ready for some more work on it tomorrow. Until next time..