Power Cables from Cutthroat Audio; Save 25% with MLP Coupon

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by Ron W, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Ron W

Ron W Cable Guy MLP Vendor MLP Sponsor

OK, I have to admit I was a power cable sceptic. I mean, how much difference can a power cable make? Well, as it turns out, a lot! A little research revealed that building codes in the U.S. require a minimum of 14 AWG for a 15 amp circuit, which is what most of us are plugging our beloved amps into.

So I take look at the power cords I've been using all these years, and discover that they're these cheap, skinny little 18 AWG cords with molded ends that I probably robbed from an old cable box or PC. Sound familiar? So, the power comes to the wall in 14 AWG wire, and I'm choking it down with a 18 AWG power cord. Gee, I wonder if this is affecting my tone? Yes, another rhetorical question...MORE HERE

[​IMG]
    Copper John™ Power Cable $89.95-119.95

[​IMG]
    Purple Haze™ Power Cable $104.95-149.95

[​IMG]

Use coupon code MLPower at checkout for 25% off

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. coldengray

coldengray V.I.P. Member

I just got a custom made cable that Ron made to my specifications...vintage cloth style power cord in kind of a grey tweed patten with large vintage style plug that has 3-prongs for modern safety. My expectations were high and Ron blew them away! It's so amazing that I am going to use it on a personal build. I just ordered 5 more for my next Tweed builds and I'm having Ron do all the Bulgin power cords for my vintage replica JTM45s.

Ron is HIGHLY recommended for any power or audio cable needs. I want my amps to look as good as they sound and Ron is helping on both fronts. Pictures to follow when my amp is done.

bulletproof likes this.
  3. Johnnyslim

Johnnyslim Member

Had to be some truth to this concept. I used to love the spaghetti thin 22 AWG Canare cables. Then at a friend's house I used a normal Whirlwind cable and the tone was drastically better. The tone was more "true" and more detailed. Basically more clear and a bigger sound.

Ron sent me one of his power cables. At rehearsal last night I used the usual power cable I have been using for years. Played four songs then swapped for Ron's 13 AWG "Copper John" power cable. Same effect. The sound was not so much louder but more clear and bigger. Well, okay, louder. Not sure of the power in the building but my amp had a slight buzz to it which vanished with Ron's cable. There is something to this.

As the saying goes...if you don't hear the difference, don't pay the difference. Myself and band mates clearly heard the difference after the power cable swap. Great cable, Ron!

bulletproof likes this.