Posting images with a business watermark.

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Meclazine2, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Meclazine2

Meclazine2 Member

I have an online store with my all of my guitars for sale.

The photos have my business watermark. I dont really want to advertise my stuff for sale here, and that is not my intention. But in the process of providing imagery of a particular instrument, it is easier for me just to reference the URL image links from my existing site.

What are the rules on posting images of guitars with a business watermark?

[​IMG]

Normally, I dont post that much, but I have just come across some late 60's SGs I would like to post.

2. DarrellV

DarrellV Derl Ver.... ERMAHGERD!.........It's a Nerlin! Silver Supporter Premium Member

I'm just a member and not a mod, so i can only offer what I have found.

I just read Alex's MLP Rules thread at the top of this page.

You should do the same.

The only things i have found that would pertain to you being in business is that you have to affirm your business affiliation or ownership in your signature.

There is some other stuff in there as it relates to dealing with competitors and stuff like that, but you are only asking about posting pics.

Other than the signature declaration of your business I can't see why not.

But you should look for yourself. Most of the stuff is about conduct. Including if you are a vendor here, which you are not.

So while you are waiting for the mods or admins, maybe you can find out something of use in there to settle it in your mind.

Again, I'm a nobody just trying to be helpful, so don't take my words as gospel.

3. Meclazine2

Meclazine2 Member

Thanks Darrell,

I read those rules also, but was still unsure what the deal it.

As you know with forums, you can make 1 million rules, but the next thing you deal with will be totally new.

Thanks again. Will update my signature.

4. DarrellV

DarrellV Derl Ver.... ERMAHGERD!.........It's a Nerlin! Silver Supporter Premium Member

Best of luck! If we're wrong you can feel free to let me know how it goes down, then we will both know for the future! :thumb: