Portland show Oct 15

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by Big John, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Big John

Big John tastes like chicken V.I.P. Member

2. Big John

I'm going to get a vendor space for this show. Bringing the SLO rig, a pair of Mesa Subway Blues combos, a Peavey Classic 20 2x12, a Mesa V-twin rack preamp, a pellham blue Gibson Midtown, a loaded Warmoth superstrat body, possibly a pair of Tascam 688 cassette multitrack recorders, some pickups (Duncan, WB, Bartolini, Kinman), and some misc. pedals. I'll also have one of the Khan amps there if someone wants to hear it. Stop by, introduce yourself, and we'll shoot the shit and make some noise.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Lungo likes this.
  3. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

I believe I'll be able to make it but not 100% sure. I live about 3 miles from the venue so I'll do my best to swing by.

Big John likes this.
  4. Big John

The guy that runs the show is jerking me around on the space rental. I'll likely be skipping this show.

5. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Man that's a bummer. Keep me posted if anything changes.

6. Big John

Well, looks like I got a table after all. The guy ironed out all the wrinkles on his end. Soooo, come to show, shoot the bull, and let's make a deal.

7. Slater529

Slater529 Premium Member

Hey Big John... good luck at the Oregon show. Too far to drive for me, so I'm gonna pass. Besides, I spent all my money at the Kent show last month. :laugh2:

Big John likes this.
  8. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

I plan to be there at opening so I'll look you up.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  9. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Thanks again for letting me hang out and play a bit. Wish I would have had more time. Did you sell anything?

10. Big John

I sold a crappy Vox wah for a buddy. Other than that, nothing, zero, zilch, nada. I kept asking dudes if they wanted to plug anything in. Everybody kept their hands in their pockets. I couldn't figure it out. One dude finally wanted to hear the SLO since he never heard one before. I told him I was going to wake this damn show up. I put the bastard on 6 and took over the building. That was my only highlight of the day, breaking loose everybody's ear wax. Funny part is the guy in the booth next door was Bruce, the Seattle/Tacoma guitar show organizer, and he told me at the end of the day that my 10 second earthquake was the best part of the show. I did get an amazing PRS trade offer for my R7 but I passed. If I come down to PDX for future shows, it'll be as a shoegazer and not a vendor.

11. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

That’s too bad. If you’re going to drive that far just for show and tell at least there should be beer and pizza involved.

Big John likes this.