Poll: What do you want for the next group buy?

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Beerdog80, Jan 15, 2013.

Which pedal would you like to see as a group buy?

1. Another boost?

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Klon Clone

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. TS/Overdrive Clone

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. Delay/Compression

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  5. Full on Dirt pedal

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

Yeah, I tried to kill the poll. Won't let me. I'll PM a mod and get it sorted.

2. candletears7

candletears7 Senior Member

Beerdog, I've seen your handle around...props for getting these group builds up and running.
    A lot of the distortions mentioned are based on the big box Marshall Guv'nor.
    Someone mentioned a mid 80's Rat clone. I've built a bunch, and modded my WF for more bass and the Reutz on a switch. Both incredibly simple mods.
    I'd recommend the Rat as it's low parts count, and these 2 mods turn it into a very usable boost, overdrive, distortion and fuzz pedal. It's a 4 in 1 pedal really.

Choruses, Comps and delays are great fun, but IMHO, if you want a simple build that sounds phenomenal that many people can use, well the Rat is a winner. Good for blues, rock, metal, indie, whatever. Great through Fender, Marshall and Vox amps.

Just my $0.02. What's cool is that you're offering this in the first place. :)

3. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

I know. I haven't gotten back many replies for the DMM but I've received several for the dirt. A modified rat is on the table.

4. firesgt911

firesgt911 Senior Member

I'm in for whatever.

5. firesgt911

firesgt911 Senior Member

How about a double pedal? Rangemaster into Tonebender? Should be super simple and have a relatively low parts count, and it would friggin rip! And a dry/wet mix! I'd buy two! It would be like if Tony Iommi and Jimmy Page had a love child!

6. will c

will c Senior Member

I'm interested in this idea. Would it fit in a small enclosure (like the Fat Pants Fat Boost)?

7. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

Oh yes. Most boards for that are very small.

8. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

It's an idea. If we dont get enough folks on board for a group build, then I'll hook you up with something like this

2 people like this.
  9. firesgt911

firesgt911 Senior Member

Sweet!

10. yawny

yawny Senior Member

I'm really disappointed at the lack of response for the DMM. I'm really excited for it and hope we can get a good group build going. :(

11. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

DMM with TT would be just awesome.... Must Have it!

1 person likes this.
  12. candletears7

candletears7 Senior Member

Just to be realistic, the DMM is a hell of a build. High parts count, and the bucket brigade chips aren't easy to find. I have a stock of maybe half a dozen NOS MN3007's, and I count myself lucky! It's a chorus and analogue delay in one. But, if Beerdog can get it rolling, and people can trouble shoot it if they need to, that would be great. It'd be like offering a DIY Ferrari - good fun, but the potential is there for things to uh...not work out...
    Maybe a PT2399 Analogue style digital delay emulator would be better? The Subdecay Echobox and Skreddy Echo are similar to the DMM, but analogue voiced digital delays. And they are fantastic. Just an option, hope I'm not pi$$ing on anyone's parade. :)

13. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

I warned everyone about that previously. The majority of folks wanted me to build it anyways. Those chips are not that hard to find in the States.

That said, I'm not waiting long for folks to step up. Still sitting at four people. If I don't get more responses, then I will skip this and move back to the dirt pedal.

14. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

even if the price of the DMM build is like 150$ it'll still be worth it compared to 300$+ new. Or a awesome compressor would be nice :thumb: something like this maybe?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFGWfOvTNAE[/ame]

Anyways if we move on to a dirt pedal maybe a dual pedal? Maybe a low gain dirt on one side like the sweet honey and a hi-gain on the other or a Modded Tubescreamer

15. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

If EVERYONE wanted a dual switched pedal, sure. Otherwise, just a regular ol' stomp will make the cut.

To be frank, I'm not seeing the DMM happen. Not even close to enough participants. Dirt is 95% more likely. And for dirt, something between a OD/modded-Rat style is what I'm aiming for. Everyone likes a modded rat. :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

And a comp like that is quite easy actually. I've made several on vero and there are a lot of ready to go layouts available. Makes the cost that much cheaper. But thats down the road. By my count, I only had 5 folks who were in for a comp.

17. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

I might order one from ya :p haha

1 person likes this.
  18. StandingWave

StandingWave Senior Member

I voted for dirt early on, but a DMM w/TT sounds the most interesting so far. I'm not set up to troubleshoot a build-gone-wrong, though.

19. kboman

kboman Senior Member

I really wanted a DMM :( Dirt I have lots of.

20. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

If your not VERY adpt at pedal building, then a kit DMM is NOT the pedal to start on. Lots of things can go wrong and basic trouble shooting is a must have skill.

Sorry folks but the DMM is just not going to happen. Not enough people have come forward with a firm "Aye" to warrant the effort.

Dirt is looking more likely. Standby for new post on those details.