Poll: Moore or Montrose who should keep it??

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by billy, Jun 22, 2009.

Your opinion on who should get 9-2227 "stripe"

1. Gary Moore

75 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. Ronnie Montrose

68 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Rev.BG Moore

Rev.BG Moore Member

So far that has not been the "Majority'' of what i have read on here.And as for my emotions being involved, this is not the case! I admire both these gentleman as players and do not know them in the least; it's just that i believe alot of this so called "discussion'' has fallen into some kind of ''Moral Superiorty'' like bashing of Mr.Moore! Rest assured Sir... If the situation was in reverse... I would be defending Ronnie Montrose against foolish ramblings and unseen evidence as well!!

2. Rev.BG Moore

Rev.BG Moore Member

Yes Sir!! I guess Mr.Moore does not get this kind of respect only the members here are due!

3. zplapplap

zplapplap Senior Member

Your posts in this thread belies that assertion.

4. Rev.BG Moore

Rev.BG Moore Member

Sorry Mate.. I Humbly Apologize as i have sat here for a good half hour reading this whole thread and "Obviously" missed some of the Humor.Yes i am human...

5. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

I feel terribly for Mr. Moore and it would be an unimagineable situation to be in. In fact, I just spent some time on google checking out the serial number on my '69 LP Deluxe to make sure that there is no mention of it being stolen on the interwebs. :D I don't know everything, but the law appears to be very clearly on Ronnie's side w/out some kind of affirmative defense from Gary (statute of limitations may very well be the ticket).

6. Horse

Horse Senior Member

not a problem friend! humour is intrinsic to MLPF, like a big family, and its better that way! :)

7. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

So according to Ronnie there's an Englishman with his '58 Les Paul? Okkkkkk :hmm:

8. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

Its you, isn't it? Got it locked away in your back room?? :naughty:

9. Fletch

Fletch V.I.P. Member

Yeah I post a lot on this thread but I don't really take it that seriously... it's not like an internet forum is going to make some huge difference in the case of a stolen half-million dollar guitar... (unless it is the LPF and LPVN59 is posting:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:)

So if anything I say here offends any of my MLP freinds, no harm meant please.:)

On that note, Tonebone please send me your weed whacker. I want to borrow it for a little while.

Also, I would really like some recommendations for some good GM stuff on youtube... I would like to check him out as a player, in all seriousness:thumb:

fletch

10. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

This is a fun one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqAuuIDU2sw]YouTube - BB King / Gary Moore - The Thrill is Gone[/ame][/

11. Fletch

Fletch V.I.P. Member

anything else?

12. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

Start with this:
    MetroAmp.com Forum • View topic - Gary Moore
    then there is the ww Gary Moore Fan Forum Lord of the Strings
    The Lord Of The Strings - World Wide Gary Moore Fanclub
    Almost any posts I have been involved in since 2006 on the net have a Gary Moore component to them:
    Love For Greeny - Les Paul Forum
    If a Burst EVER, TRULY, had to carry it's load......... - Les Paul Forum
    Lot's of Moore vids in here, any info you may want ask me, I just had a revelation about the GM Heritages yesterday so I live and learn daily too!!
    The pre-BBM clips at Jack Bruce's 50th B'day celebration gig on German TV with Stripe just kill on that Cream material..please can all this legal bullshit go away..please!!
    Emerald
    Dave On Rock

13. rick13

rick13 Senior Member

"your honor...you can see from the professional photographs, that Mr.Montrose's guitar is all bright and shiny and couldn't possibly be the same beat up guitar that Mr. Moore now plays. I mean no pickguard, the pickups look different "
    You think the judge will know a Gibson from a Fender, or will the attorneys need to spend 50k + with forensic evidence and expert witnesses to educate the courtroom for months?
    Rick

14. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Senior Member

I don't care what the Courts say. You ain't getting it, see?

[​IMG]

15. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

There should be Ronnie Montrose's DNA somewhere on the guitar, let's call in CSI ..ect.I understand Mr. Montrose has had other issues to deal with, I heard he had a form of cancer, ect.
    I still say all the intermediate dealers from the thief until the guy who sold it to Gary should pony up...try and get that to happen. Gary has been miserable enough, let's let it go...I say.:rolleyes:
    Emerald

16. tonebone

tonebone Senior Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got two's of 'em.

Gas or electric? (electric's outa string and the gas has gotta blade - blackberries abound here.)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

(boy, do I feel like a dope)

17. zplapplap

zplapplap Senior Member

:lol:

That whole thing was confusing, but funny as hell. :laugh2:

Don't worry about it. I'm sure I've done worse.

18. Fletch

Fletch V.I.P. Member

Tonebone your a good dude:cool::dude::thumb::D

fletch

19. Rhubarb Red

Rhubarb Red Senior Member

I think Gary owes you a beer - his guitar (the one in the middle of this rumpus) is a '59 and he's stated it in loads of interviews/profiles over the past 20 years that he's owned this guitar. Just so we know which one we're talking about, here it is:

http://img.blog.yahoo.co.kr/ybi/1/d8/c3/hanwooln/folder/3237579/img_3237579_1468152_4?1207219549.jpg

The only '58 Gary owned was the one on the cover of After Hours which he sold in the mid-90s and I last saw it for sale on Maverick Music's website two years ago.

Game, set and match to Gary...

20. tonebone

tonebone Senior Member

And if the guitar serial # Montrose is seeking points to a 59, this "58" nonsense doesn't mean squat. He's not a collector.