Pocket Pod

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by ArchEtech, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ArchEtech

ArchEtech V.I.P. Member

I picked one up from Guitar Center yesterday. After messing around with it for a couple days, I'd give it a B+. Its pefect for a little portable practice amp. Thw sounds are very good. It's not overly expensive, and from what I've herd it works well for direct recording.

It's pretty easy to figure out how to use, and there is a computer program you can download and use to directly edit the presets on your computer screen after hooking it up via a typical USB data cable. I haven't had too much trouble with that part of it, but its a ton of fun to screw around with and a few of the presets are top notch.

My only grip is so far it doesn't really sound all that good through my VOX either chained into my guitar cable or directly conected via the effects loop of my amp. I need to do some further testing to make sure its not user caused before I assume its just one if the limitations.

But if you want something to take to work for your lunch break (like I use it) to plug in for a brief and private session - it's great.

2. Shawn Fate

Shawn Fate Senior Member

Line 6 is hard to beat for DI recording and silent recording.

3. terence_tez

terence_tez V.I.P. Member

i had a pod2.0 and it was very very nice...

4. ArchEtech

ArchEtech V.I.P. Member

After further testing, I've decided it sounds pretty grappy as an effect looped processor for an amp. It is however, really cool to jame with, I've you have an MP3 player and some backing tracks. As well, I hooked it up and ran it through the stereo system in a friends car via. the Mp3 input and it sounded pretty killer. Not too bad on home stereo either.

Conclusion:

Doesn't replace and pedals, but really fun for portable practice.

Next:

Try direct recording which is what people really say its great for.

5. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

I thought about grabbing one... the price is right!

As far as direct recording goes, I've got amplitube 2 and it really sounds good, even though I never use it... I've got some really nice amps and mics, and thats always the route I prefer. :)

If anybody wants amplitube 2, let me know. I can zip it and send it through yousendit no problem.