Please Suhr, I want some more...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Barnaby, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Barnaby

Barnaby Premium Member

Today in Tokyo, my oldest brother was here and we went guitar shopping. He wanted - provisionally - an SG and had a budget of about $1000. We wandered from shop to shop trying a ton of guitars, until we chanced upon this Suhr Modern Satin.

[​IMG]

We tried their Modern Pros, their Telecaster version, plus all sorts of other things. They were good, but not in the same league. This was, we both agreed, the single best guitar either of us had ever played.

Ever.

Between us, we've probably played not hundreds, but thousands of guitars over the years. This was head and shoulders above 'em all.

Forget the SG! This was not what he planned on and three times his budget, but he ponied up the dosh and walked away feeling like he got a bargain. I did - and still do - too. We brought it back to my house, played it for a couple of hours and both agree that it's a once-in-a-lifetime find. I don't know whether they're all like this or we found one that's made of magical unicorn dust and pixie juice, but it's something truly amazing.

SoCal Flood, FKO, Benjammin and 10 others like this.
  2. dennis g

dennis g Senior Member

Suhr Guitars (or JS Technolgies, Inc.) has a wide range of products, and all come highly recommended. He's in So Cal (Lake Elsinore, I believe). Congrats on finding the "holy grail" of guitars.

Barnaby likes this.
  3. rclausen

rclausen Senior Member

A Suhr has been on my list of guitars to try. This didn't help lol

Barnaby likes this.
  4. Barnaby

Barnaby Premium Member

You're telling me...I make guitars and this is the first that made me want to sell my tools. I've played vintage Fenders and LPs, PRS, Tom Anderson, Strandberg...you name it. Many great guitars. All of them were wonderful in one way or another, but this...

...it was like suddenly discovering that there was a higher shelf in the toyshop that nobody told me was there.

rclausen and tzd like this.
  5. captainbraindamage

captainbraindamage V.I.P. Member

I'm kinda partial to 'em. :thumb: To find the one, congrats.

Suhrs.jpg

Barnaby likes this.
  6. Olds442

Olds442 Senior Member

congrats! they are excellent weapons of choice!

Barnaby likes this.
  7. FKO

FKO Senior Member

Congrats! Suhr are certainly of a different league. Very consistent QC, hence, I'd say most are of the same quality. I'm scouting for my second (third if counting the one I had 10+ years ago) Suhr.

Barnaby likes this.