Pigtail products in stock.

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by BCRGreg, Apr 2, 2007.

1. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

You should have the ability to edit Or delete what you wish :shock: Shrine69 I see no problem just sometimes people read into things differently then one might mean them

2. FLICKOFLASH

:wtf:
    must be cause Iam just getting up for work & you never went to bed :wtf:

3. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

We don't Censor Speech here as the other Forums do ,but
    you better be Clear and be ready to back up what your write. :naughty:

4. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

Yep ! You are correct Sir. Time for me to go soon !:wave:

5. FLICKOFLASH

I think its just the suspence is killing you :rofl:

6. HolyGrail

HolyGrail V.I.P. Member

Maybe it's something I et ? :)

7. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

Steve Rowan is my friend, and I love his stuff.

So......what's your deal, fella? Alluding to something is as bad as accusing, so spill or be killed.

8. Pigtail Steve

Pigtail Steve Junior Member

Hi To All;
    I'm a one person business, with occasional help from my wife doing books and shipping. If you call me, and ask if something is in stock and you don't order for a few days, I may be out of stock. I don't do a 1000 units of anything at a time, so my stock is continually changing around. In addition, I rarely charge for small modifications, so if for instance Gxxxxx drills one of your tunamatic posts crooked and you don't want to repair the instrument properly, then I have to take a casting, drill it on your center to center, or whatever needs to be done to get it to work. Whatever lead times and hassle with doing something out of the ordinary becomes involved, it just comes with the territory. Though a good portion of my components are used on contemporary instruments, they are made to vintage specs for vintage restoration, and anything that falls outside of that is not my responsibility, although I do my best to accomodate everyone. It is illegal for me to sell a product with someone elses trademark on it, so if you want 50's accurate parts, that include the trademark of a particular era, you must provide a trademarked unit to me from that manufacturer that I can modify as I see fit. That is a repair or restoration, nothing more, nothing less. I have not, and will not make any exceptions on this matter. I get $300 for a tunamatic that is modified to new old stock quality. A NOS tunamatic from the 50's is approaching $2000 these days, a 50's tailpiece from Pigtail is $129.90, very good to NOS vintage tailpieces run $1000-2000 if you can find them. I think if you are significantly inconvenienced by dealing with my Mom and Pop scenario, that's probably the route you should go. It's interesting to me, that the only way to get this level of accurate reproduction, is to have learned the tool and diemaking trade before the computer revolution, spent a great deal of time playing and working on vintage instruments, and play well enough to understand the tonal envelope of the said vintage equipment. My parts are not only accurate appearance wise, but they accurately reproduce the tone of vintage components. Whether you like that, is a matter of personal taste. For whoever had a beef with me, let them know that they can return their product, and I will refund their money and return a suitable core to them. Most of time, I do pretty good with the resources that I have to work with, but I wear a lot of hats, and sometimes flat out screw up, but I do my best to remedy the situation. As far as I know, I'm the only one making guitar hardware 100% in the USA. You won't find any Asian hardware on a 59 Les Paul, a 54 Stat, or a 52 Tele. I also spend a great deal of time on the phone answering questions for customers, and to my knowledge, never try to act condescending or impatient about the time expended. Jeez, all this heavy stuff!! In the end, I don't offer the MacDxxxxx's fast food experience, but for the most part, do pretty good. If that's not a fit for you, you'd probably be better buying real vintage, or my competitor's Asian equivelent. I make a subsitance living out of this, drive 20 year old cars and so forth, so I'm not inclined to take a lot of guff along with it. It's a disapointing to have some third party get on a worldwide forum, and impune your motives, with no specifics etc. I've dropped the ball a time or two, and would readily admit it, but I've generally tried to compensate the customer with a guitar tool, or a break on a future purchase. Sometimes stuff like this makes me think I should be do something else!
    Steve Rowen
    pigtailmusic.com

9. WordMan

WordMan Junior Member

I bought a wraptail for my '57 Special (I sweat like a pig - sorry for the pun - and didn't want to de-lam the original) and couldn't be happier. Slotted right in like it was always there...

Thanks, Steve!

10. FLICKOFLASH

:thumb: Welcome Steve !!!

11. FLICKOFLASH

Steve can you make a all Titanium bridge ???:naughty:

12. Pigtail Steve

Hi Flick,
    The closest thing right now, is Detemple offers my aluminum tunamatic w/ti saddles.

13. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

It takes a man to apologize, so I will gladly shake your hand and move forward.

In this very small business, I have rarely come across someone with the dedication to their craft that Steve Rowen has, and I will always support a True Believer. I will oppose anyone that says something that can hurt a friend's business. NONE of us is getting rich, folks. Casual comments like the one that started this flareup can ruin a man's livelihood. We do this because it's in our blood, not because we can make a killing. The fact that his stuff is EXACT and ENHANCES the guitar when installed makes it that much better. ALL of my vintage Gibsons have Pigtail parts on them, originals in the case.

Ah, well. Back to the bench.......

14. dsiebenh

dsiebenh Junior Member

I spoke to Steve at length yesterday on the phone (for the first time) and anxiously await receiving my tailpiece and stud order. You can tell Steve is a dedicated craftsman. What a great guy!

15. BCRGreg

BCRGreg V.I.P. Member

He's a lousy kisser, but he CAN dance!

16. FUJIYAMA GEISHA

FUJIYAMA GEISHA V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Hey Flick, Was it worth the price you paid?

17. FLICKOFLASH

Mine was a custom shop item therefore the high $ & it was their last in stock . Titanium is the way to go ,just wish I could get a titanium bridge.

18. FLICKOFLASH

That is not on his site is it ?

19. Pigtail Steve

I talked to Mike Detemple tues, and he's working on retooling His site right now. I sold him samples awhile back, and he love the hi-tensile aluminum Titanium combo. He'll be offering that combo as soon as they get it up on their site.
    Pigtail Steve

20. FLICKOFLASH

Steve I placed a order with DeTemple which he was out of stock & is ordering from you , He said the bridge does not come with wheels & post is this correct ?:confused: