Pigtail 50s wraparound vs. MojoAxe compensated wraparound

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by onlyrockrocks, Feb 4, 2014.

1. TM1

TM1 Senior Member

3021n_1.jpg ABM Wrapover! Comes in aged Nickel as well!

2. dreams

dreams Member

damn computer stuff!
    great info and pic, thanks daneleoctro!

not much to add other than if the custom shop models you have the ' lightning bolt" tailpiece( which I assume is why you want to switch out to a more vintage correct look) with the studs straight across you may have intonation issues with any of the above tailpieces which are intended to be use with the slant stud configuration .

just installed mojoaxe on my 59 junior, well made and executed design , fixes the drawbacks of the original (string sitar and intonation ), , looks great and so close to vintage only the discerning will notice..... a winner!

no issues with bending, the strings at the bridge move very little , that would be a hell of a bend to have issues

3. TM1

TM1 Senior Member

BTW, just a plug for Dan.. I do have a couple of Dan's "MojoAxe" wrapovers and a Pigtail or two.. All great wrapovers!! Just stating another option for everyone. It's just amazing to have all these choices we never had before. Even 15 years ago it was hard to find anything except what Gibson made or crude Asian made junk. Having great aftermarket parts is really brilliant. I remember 25 years ago, the only option one had was the crappy Leo Quan zinc adjustable wrapover that was, in my opinion, a tone robber.

4. Mpcoluv

Mpcoluv Senior Member

5. Mpcoluv

Mpcoluv Senior Member

No one knows if I can buy the ABM in brass in the USA?