pics from Friday's show. :)

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by LoKi, May 21, 2007.

1. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

Great times! I love when the audience is super responsive. Its May long weekend in Canada, so most people were camping, the club wasn't packed or anything, but the people that were there were amazing.

I signed some autographs and got some awesome compliments, and we even had a whole group of people who stuck around all night Friday come back for the encore performance Saturday, and they cheered even louder the second time! Awesome confidence boost!

Pics y0.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

The next morning, before the next show...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a kinda depressing note...

There was one guy who was rocking out hardcore in front of the stage all night, and he kept buying us drinks and partying it up... at the end of the night he came up to me, gave me 20 bucks and said "Thanks for this... this was one of the best nights of my life." and I said "You don't have to give me money, they pay me to be here... but I'm glad you had a great time... if you want, I'll put you on the guest list and you can come back tomorrow."

He said "I'd love to, but I can't. I'm killing myself tonight." and he left.

Poor guy... I hope it didnt' happen... but he didnt' come back for Saturday night. :(

3. hedzeppelin

hedzeppelin V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Cool pics, Loki! In some of those you look a lot like Jimmy Page! Anyone ever told you that?

4. hedzeppelin

Nights like you described above tend to keep a musician on a natural high for at least a couple of days.
    There's nothing in the world like that. And, you can't describe it to people that haven't experienced it.

5. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

Thanks! Nobody has ever told me that... now I'll have to get some dragon pants and a violin bow! haha

You're right though! We've been on a high since that show... the last 9 sets we've played have been translating really well, and we're all happy about it. I'm glad I have a great bunch of guys to play with, no ego's, no attitude... they're like my family.

We even won the semi finals for an Alberta battle of the bands. Our prize is free recording time at a local studio here in Calgary, and we advanced to the finals on July 17th. Should be fun! We're only in it for the prizes... new gear all around, more recording time and cash! Wish me luck!

6. hedzeppelin

Good Luck! You guys are all very fortunate to play with people that you like and get along with. It's really pretty rare. I've been in that situation in only one band in 30 years!
    The rest of the bands I was in had severe personnel issues.

7. hedzeppelin

And, in quite a few of those pics, you look like JP, really.
    Now, if you could find a pair of those dragon pants....