Phaez Trigger Pull!

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by MineGoesTo11, Apr 13, 2010.

1. MineGoesTo11

MineGoesTo11 Senior Member

Ok, so you Phaezers have gotten me all hot and bothered about these amps! I've really got no choice here! I've put in an order for an 18w Daisycutter (chassis only) with tonestack, which I'm told is now going to be a standard build.

So I guess it's the waiting game for me now!

I've never seen one of these, but from the clips I've seen on YouTube, and the strength of the rave reviews I've seen here at the forum, I'm going for it. The prices are unbelievable. I'm Canadian, so I'm happy to support a fledgling business here too. I'd been considering a Tiny Terror, for its low wattage and price, but I'm hoping this will kick the pants off of it!

I guess I'll have updates to follow, it's going to be several weeks I think. :fingersx: I really need to invest in a decent mic for recording since I have XLRs on my soundcard.

2. mattfeltham

mattfeltham Senior Member

welcome to the club.
    mines on its way as of today :)
    should be here in however long it takes to ship from the USA to Australia...so only god knows!
    CANT WAIT!!!

3. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

Well done MGT11. They really are great amps. It's going to be a long wait. What are you doing for a cabinet?

4. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Congrats on getting one while they are still accessible. You'll love it. Its not a toy amp though. It roars.

5. MineGoesTo11

Cab for the head? I'll probably rig something up something fairly ugly for the short term. I like what LPV did with his black cab, perhaps we could convince him to create plans and share them :naughty:

6. GibsonByBirth

GibsonByBirth Banned

It will tear up any TT. I packed my Vox Night Train and put it away. Be very percise and careful in commuicating with Randy. He is very busy and mistakes happen.

7. GibsonByBirth

GibsonByBirth Banned

[​IMG]

Pay close attention when talking about cabinets. I was talking about speaker cabs. He was referring to head cabs. I said that I didn't need one.

8. MineGoesTo11

Yeah, I hear he is very busy, but I think he's getting some help now, so hopefully everything will run smoothly.

9. MineGoesTo11

Anybody have suggestions for a speaker cab? Currently, I only have a Peavey Classic 50 2/12.

I'd probably like to stick with the 2/12 or 1/12 configuration for the sake of practicality. I think a 4/12 would probably be a bit much.

I'd thought of making a cab, but I have no shop (help! I'm trapped in Suburbia!) and by the time I factor in the costs of a good speaker and materials, I think it ends up being close to the price of a new cab.

10. weirdotis

weirdotis Senior Member

Two Rock 212s are awesome.

11. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Catalog | SteamcoMusic dot Com sells a new line of canadian made cabs but they seem a bit pricey. Yes the 412's are indeed impractical but they are almost your best bang for the 'used' buck right now because so many people are moving to smaller cabs. Stay away from g12t75's tho, unless you are in a Judas Priest or Scorpions cover band of course.

12. MineGoesTo11

lol... 'This....is......the .....pain....killer!!!...' :headbanger:

Long & McQuade has 1x12 and 2x12 Traynor cabs cheap but I suspect that for that money, the Celestions in them are dodgy.

I'm also considering ripping the guts out of my Classic 50 and bastardizing it into a cab... it might be crazy, but it's something I already own vs. selling it to fund a cab purchase.

13. LPV

LPV Senior Member

Huffdaddy mentioned this, its a greenback. Would do the trick nicely I suspect.

Long & McQuade - Products - Traynor Darkhorse 112 Guitar Cab

14. hipofutura

hipofutura Senior Member

I think Mark (Deftone) just ordered the best cab of any of us Phaez owners. He's getting a Sourmash 2x12 Marshall 2061 cab. I have several Sourmash cabs and can attest to their quality and value.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. LPV

LPV Senior Member

They do a killer job on their corners.

16. MineGoesTo11

17. LPV

LPV Senior Member

I don't think they are crap but they aren't for me. I'd bet the greenback would sound awesome with the Phaez.

18. arkamps

arkamps Senior Member

Greenbacks would indeed sound good, but I suggest one of the Eminence versions instead, more power handling and a warmer high end from my experience...

Scumbacks sound pretty good too...

19. MineGoesTo11

Which Eminence would that be?

20. Tuya Customs

Tuya Customs Senior Member

Scumbacks are great :). As are Webers. By any chance has someone compared a regular celestion blue to a Weber blue?