Phaez Question

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by Penny Dreadful, Jun 11, 2012.

1. bsruther

bsruther Senior Member

I use an FD2 with the Jericho and it sounds great, but it detracts from the amp's true tone. I use a metal muff once in a while to play older metal and van halen type stuff, but get over zealous and dig in and loose my headroom. That's why I'm thinking a duophonic or similar twin amp might be fun.

2. Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful Banned

Lads, where in Ontario is Randy located?

3. Matty

Matty Senior Member

Windsor.

1 person likes this.
  4. stringtheory

stringtheory Member

" It's not that a Phaez amp is the best out there, but that he makes a great amp for the money." Actually one of his amps may very well be the best out there. You pick any amp you want and tell Randy what kind it is and then put your amp against one Randy could build to go against it and you could not say your amp sounds better. As if the guy who built your amp knows more about amp building than Randy. Not going to happen.

You give Randy an unlimited budget and time and he can build an amp as good as anyone can. I believe he could give Ken Fisher himself a run for the money. There is no information he doesn't know about after all this time (slew rate, wire covering, whatever) that he would be at a disadvantage about. He is one of the best amp builders out there. Period. Now go buy a Phaez and kneel in the long shadow of his excellence. Remember he designs some of his own amps not just a copying machine. Ask Ken Fisher about those types of amp builders.

Famous quote: If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal if her daddy's poor just do what you feel.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018