Perry Burst Signature LP

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by JimmyAce2006, Nov 15, 2012.

1. joff

joff Senior Member

Take a look at my backside! :wow:

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. journeyman73

journeyman73 Senior Member

didnt realize you were getting one of these - should go nicely with your S&A Pearly

3. joff

joff Senior Member

:)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. Edvolcom

Edvolcom Senior Member

So I went to Denmark st yesterday and I met my aged & signed Perry.
    She is a beauty, good weight with amazing aging and that signature on the headstock is pretty cool tbh... But, why is the back red ??????
    The "real" one is brown, isnt it ??? The just aged is brown back so why the the a/s red ??
    Thats how I like it, with brown back not the usual red that you find on any r9 !!!

5. joff

joff Senior Member

Here is the back of mine.

Attached Files:

6. sikoniko

sikoniko Senior Member

question for you guys...

I've been thinking about modifying my VOS Perryburst further... I am thinking about returning her to her '70s glory of grovers and no PU covers... a couple questions...

1. are VOS models collectable? If I do these mods it may damage any collectability to the guitar. How do you guys think it might impact it? devalue? no harm since it is true to the way the guitar looked in the 70's? depends on the buyer?

I don't want to get into the whole debate about "it's my guitar, do what I want with it". or... "you shouldn't look at a guitar as an investment". I will do what I want... I just want to know what long term implications it may have.

2. I had a beano and I kinda like the grovers so I know what impact that will have... other than, do you think it will require a new screw hole or will the original work? If I do, is there still a way to go back without having to fill re-hole/angle the kluson's in a way that creates new holes?

3. how would the covers being removed change the sound/tone of the guitar?

7. Edvolcom

Edvolcom Senior Member

As you said it s your guitar and you do whatever you want with it but for collectable guitars I dont think a vos is part of the collectable thing.
    If someone says it is, dont modify anything.
    Just my opinion though...

8. journeyman73

journeyman73 Senior Member

for some buyers it may make a difference, for others it wont be a big deal.

the fact that its VOS vs. aged/signed, to me, suggests there will be less of the former with it than, otherwise - but, to some, it will still matter. what that means in real terms (i.e. how many, how much would impact the price, how much longer would it take to sell, etc.) are all debatable...

if it were me, and i didnt just buy it to sell it, i would make those changes. even if you did get a few hundred less if you sold, wouldnt your enjoyment of it in the interim be worth that.

then again, i dont really consider VOS collectible guitars :)

9. hofix2004

hofix2004 Senior Member

My opinion: if you see the guitar as:

Investment -> don't change anything

Player -> change whatever you want

10. Edvolcom

Edvolcom Senior Member

If someone is looking for a Perry aged/signed PM me

11. Edvolcom

Edvolcom Senior Member

12. RadioBP

RadioBP Junior Member

Im new here.. and simply amazed by your collective knowledge on the topic!! It's fantastic !

OK my guitar is technically a burst (blackburst) and its a 1996 CS Joe Perry.. one of the original 200 run... vastly different from the production model that followed....and he signed it personally to me.. so thats kinda cool right?? :)

And i just scored a pretty sweet deal on a 2011 R9 Faded Tobacco (I'm the first owner.. all case candy etc included)

Cheers !

Bill Prescott
    Portland OR

13. hofix2004

hofix2004 Senior Member

Welcome !!!!

Fotos please!!

14. RadioBP

RadioBP Junior Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to upload fotos!!!?? Can I do it directly onto this site or must i have an external URL ??

And thanks for the welcome :)

15. hofix2004

hofix2004 Senior Member

No direct upload, only via external URL :naughty:

16. RadioBP

RadioBP Junior Member

working on it... thanks in advance for your patience !

Attached Files:

17. strat1701

strat1701 El Diablo Cazador De Hombres Premium Member

18. Marshallow

Marshallow Senior Member

Is this section the new eBay or what? Finding out the hard way that overpriced guitars don't often sound as good as they look, aren't we?

19. Edvolcom

Edvolcom Senior Member

and ?

20. strat1701

strat1701 El Diablo Cazador De Hombres Premium Member

Um, no...I'm selling mine because I want to use the funds to purchase a guitar of the vintage flavor. I really want a vintage 58 strat. Besides I still have #5 so I still can play and enjoy a aged/signed Perry. I admit I don't play it as a main player but that's just due to the signed factor.

I own 4 other 'aged' guitars (two by TM) and they get played all the time. Some don't even play their aged ones for fear of devaluation. Me, I don't care about de-valuing those aged ones because I'm keeping them. I ended up with 2 S/A perrys because of a vendor who tried to **** me over on one of the signed/aged when they were on preorder. Because of their actions I had to jump thru hoops and as result secured 2 but had a shoe in for a very low serial, but could not know which vendor would sell the lower serial. If I only had one, it would not be up for sale, but since I do have 2, why not let someone else enjoy a great guitar. Perry name aside (and that other guy who owned it too) it joins the rest of the 2013 lineup as great sounding guitars, but it does have its own character.