Pedals that feed delay into delay.

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Burst Boy, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

I'm becoming interested with purchasing a multiple delay pedal that feeds delay into more delay. Series and parallel options would be good, I guess, from an experimental and versatility point of view. I'm not really interested in tap tempo but if it comes with a pedal that seems to suit my needs I'm happy to consider it.

At the time of this post I really have no ideas on what I want other than other-worldly, trippy sounds. Price is not an obstacle but will be considered once I start getting an idea about what's available.

All experience, advice and suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance

2. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

You gotta check out a BuGG FX Daydream. It sounds like what you're looking for. BuGG is a great guy, and an MLP member.

3. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

Looked into the BuGG FX Daydream. I reckon it's great except for the fact, found out after reading some reviews, It doesn't go well with OD and Distortion which is a big factor for me. Still, it's opened up some GAS which may force the issue and cause me to order one in the future.

After many hours of research and reading I ended up ordering an EarthQuaker Devices Disaster Transport SR™. It fits the my requirement to have relative simplicity, nil features that I'll never use and great tone. The two delays are different and it has the added bonus of blendable reverb and modulation.

The other pedals I considered were the Red Witch Titan (the three delays are exactly the same, if they were different I would've probably got one), TC Flashback Triple (to much functionality for my needs, the three delays are the same), Eventide Time Factor (to much functionality) and Strymon DIG (there was angst between this and the Disaster Transport SR™. Great pedal and I may well still get one eventually but it lost out because of to much functionality).

Thanks for the suggestions!

northernguitarguy likes this.
  4. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

Here you go:

[​IMG]

All the delay options you are looking for, plus more. The sounds in there are absolutely incredible and there are more hidden gems as Toneprints. Not to mention that you can go crazy with the editor and create your own. This one has ended my delay search.

5. lung plunger

lung plunger Senior Member

Death by Audio has the Ghost Delay. It should go well with dirt.

6. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

You're welcome. I respectfully disagree about the BuGG not working with distortion. I use a combination when we cover Band On The Run for the synth solo on the '2nd movement'. I have my Cornish G2 clone feeding into the BuGG and we all think it sounds great. When I first tried it, I had no idea what to expect. We were just messing around in an early rehearsal. However, it took the band by surprise and they wanted to keep it. Rough video, but check it out: