Pedals/Effects You Regret Letting Go

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by refin, Nov 2, 2007.

1. refin

refin V.I.P. Member

For me,it was an early '80s Nady Tube Overdrive (12AX7).
    Sounded like a rhino vomitting through every amp EXCEPT my '59 Bassman......that was a perfect match,incredible touch sensitivity and complexity across the entire tonal range!:shock:
    Of course,I sold it to a fellow picker for $50,then I heard the old recordings.:slap:
    How about you?

2. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I had a Keeley modded TS9 Tubescreamer pedal that just kicked ass !! I miss it !

3. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

An Early Vox Tone Bender Wah, a friend had given me for my B day , Those things scoop hundreds on Ebay now , plus it had better throw than any Univox / Dunlop Crybaby

4. Gibsonblues

Gibsonblues Senior Member

1970's Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phase Shifter. Wished I'd kept that one. I think that was the first pedal I ever purchased... Gibsonblues... :)

5. Fixxxer

Fixxxer V.I.P. Member

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah

6. lexluthier

lexluthier V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

My brother has one of those old Nady tube overdrive pedals. It sounds like crap thru some amps, but thru others it sounds decent.

I sold a ton of old Electro Harmonix pedals to a pedal dealer a few years back. Probably should have kept them all, even though they are built like a chinese motorcycle and break if you look at them funny.

I had doubles and triples of the 808-style and 9 series Ibanez pedals, now they are worth a lot too. Some of those at the time I sold them were very underrated like the AD9, now everybody wants them.

Had one of those ancient DeArmond tremelo units like Billy Gibbons uses. It had a little motor inside and shook this little bottle of mystery fluid around for the trem effect. Crazy shit. Some pedal dealer wanted it worse than I did, so I sold it. Never seen another one since.

Nowdays I just keep any vintage pedal I buy.

7. M.T. Pockets

M.T. Pockets V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Boss OD-1

8. badhabit

badhabit Senior Member

I used to have TWO Echoplex EP3's which I sold in the mid 80's. One, I picked up for $50.00. I have another one now, that i was lucky to find for $250.00

9. Sokinwet

Sokinwet Junior Member

When I was going to college in Boston I used to spend a lot of free time hanging at the "original" Wurlitzers on Bedford St. in Boston being a PITA. I was hanging there when the first shipment of original Vox wah's came in and managed to pick up the 1st one out the door for a "poor college kid discount" price. Years later I gave it away to a keyboard friend who converted it into a volume pedal! :( Also had a cool Premier reverb unit that used to sit on top of my Marshall for years..I have no clue what happened to that one; it disappeared when I bought a Twin reverb...but I sure wish I had it now.

10. Blues Power

Blues Power V.I.P. Member

1982 Tube screemer the real deal. tradded it for a chorus pedal in 1983

hey pedals were $35 in those days so it really didnt mean much at the time lol

11. racerratt

racerratt Senior Member

I've got one of these (original owner on top of that) and still use it every time I have a gig.

The pedal I miss the most is a A/DA Flanger. No flanger in my opinion comes close to this vintage pedal.

12. Manlius Pickups

Manlius Pickups Senior Member

NOC3 Pure Drive... Newer pedal that I have no clue why I sold. That thing was really cool...

13. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I had an old Rat pedal that Robert Keeley modded !! Man that thing could do some great Metal tones !

14. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Vox Tonebender Wah a friend gave me back in the late 70s

15. loneguitar

loneguitar Senior Member

Vox was mine too, I traded it in late 70's for a HSC man it's probably worth about 300.00 now, ahhhh live and learn, but I did love the wah on it, IMO better than the crybaby

16. jimmydeuce

jimmydeuce Senior Member

An old Ross Distortion and an original TS808. I's love to have the Ross back.

17. El Toro

El Toro V.I.P. Member

MXR Micro Flanger...

18. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

A Roland Space Echo i had, man i loved that thing

19. taypeng

taypeng Senior Member

i think this is going to sound wierd but the pedal i regretted letting go was a japan made Boss DD3.

I couldn't get it to sound right no matter how i tweaked the knobs. Until the guy i sold it to taught me how to use it. You got to use it with a tube amp to get the realistic reverb sound. And you can't get the same efx with the current MIT DD3 cos the chip and parts are different...

and i could have sold it for much more $$$ :( ouch.