pedal steel on a strat

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by Big John, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Big John

Big John tastes like chicken V.I.P. Member

This is little blip from a podcast. The two guitarist being interviewed are Paul DePauw and Scott Whitehall. If you spend enough time in the Quad Cities music scene, these dudes are two of the best players in the area. When I lived there for 4 years, these guys used to come all the time to a local jam that I co-hosted, and I'm lucky to still call them friends 15 years later. Nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Anyway, I linked the video to start where Scotty lets his hair down. You're not going find too many players out there that can do this stuff this clean, smooth and fast like he can....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9nd0QwgrQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1h3m58s

Scott does another cool pedal steel run just before the 1:09 mark

Stop the vid at 1:09:25...that's where they talk about local stuff from the past.

2. Eddie 70

Eddie 70 Senior Member

Very impressive stuff. First I have heard of this show they are on. Is this your show?

3. Big John

Big John tastes like chicken V.I.P. Member

I don't do podcasts, so, not my show. I just wanted to show off a little piece Scott's playing, and a little of Paul's, too. If you ever find yourself in the Quad Cities and see the band Dirt Road Rockers advertised somewhere, just go. Any gig with these two cats sharing a stage is a gatdam guitar clinic.