Pedal Builders Anonymous

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by bugg, Apr 21, 2014.

1. wilsonov7

wilsonov7 Senior Member

I believe it is the third mode turning clockwise, which is "Descending 1." I may be wrong, though. Bugg can say for sure probably. I've had some time to play around with most of the modes now and all of them are quite usable!

2 people like this.
  2. bugg

bugg Senior Member

A few new things I'm working on .....

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/buggfx/pulse[/SC]

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/buggfx/dots[/SC]

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/buggfx/dots-2[/SC]

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/buggfx/dream-of-dots[/SC]

5 people like this.
  3. JohanHaellgren

JohanHaellgren Senior Member

Does anyone know how to mod a pedal to dual outputs? Would it be as easy as just soldering another jack to the PCB?

4. Brocko

Brocko Senior Member

5. guysmiley

guysmiley Senior Member

A Maestro Fuzz Tone. Weird circuit. Runs off 3volts. Two AA Batteries. Made it as a gift. Might have to make one for myself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. guysmiley

guysmiley Senior Member

3 pedals done this month.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Tweaker

Tweaker Senior Member

Finally got around to building again. I rebuilt one of my earlier pedals after taking the back off and realizing how disgusting it was under the hood. This rebuild was my first pedal PCB attempt I made...I'm happy to say I've graduated from stripboard!

The PCB was made with a desktop CNC machine my Dad and I have (was crucial to another venture we were working on). I'm thrilled with the results!

You'll have to pardon the sloppy wiring job...it's been a while since I've done any wiring in small spaces. I also botched the drilling job. This enclosure was salvaged from a different circuit that I ditched, so the holes were filled with JB Weld. JB Weld is extremely easy to drill through, so if the hole you're drilling is halfway between some JB Weld and solid aluminum, the drill bit will favor the JB Weld. The result, as you can see...off-centered holes. No knobs yet, I need to order some skinny ones since the drill job sucks. Normal knobs won't fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Sequimite

Sequimite Senior Member

Back from the thread-dead. I'm about to begin my winter of learning pedal building and basic electronics. My first two projects are extremely simple, the ZVEX SHO and the Electra distortion/Lovepedal Woodrow. The Woodrow in particular will be the one to learn on since I'll breadboard it and have ordered a variety of transistors and diodes to work out what sounds are possible and which ones I like best. I have experienced local guys to get help from and will be reporting back to this thread from time to time. I see that Brocko posted a Woodrow build earlier this year so I welcome his input on which components he preferred.

9. Sequimite

Sequimite Senior Member

Waiting on my first big Tayda order. Having the BUGGFX Daydream has convinced me to go with the 125b as my standard box. It's slightly wider than the Daydream and since the Daydream will accommodate three pots in a row, that gives me plenty of flexibility. The 125b is not quite as tall but works well with top mounted jacks which would leave no wasted space between the pedals. I have a dream that a couple years from now I'll have a DIY pedal board with all DIY pedals.

So I have some 125b boxes and an assortment of transistors, caps and other parts ordered.

10. bugg

bugg Senior Member

Nevermind, think I misread the post... It's early. :laugh2:

11. Sequimite

Sequimite Senior Member

bugg, is your Daydream in a 125b box? When I measured it I thought it was slightly small, but it has the identical length and width of my TS-9 which is supposed to be identical to a 125b in those two dimensions.

12. bugg

bugg Senior Member

Ahhh, okay, so I did read that right the first time. :laugh2:

Yep, the Daydream is in a 125B enclosure.

13. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Prophetic words from one year ago, yet I had no idea of the scope of things :shock:

14. Sequimite

Sequimite Senior Member

Received my first order from Tayda today, four days after placing it. Very well packaged, plenty of padding and items separately bagged with an easy to read label. I ordered a kit to make three boards for controlling LED sequencing, something my son is interested in making. I was pleased to see that the three vero boards in the kit were the more expensive silver rather than copper.

15. etzeppy

etzeppy Senior Member

I haven't posted here in a while. Took a little break from building. I'm now about to box up one and start a couple more. Just a few questions.

I'm interested in an octave up device of some sort. Nothing too difficult to build. I'm thinking about the Prescription Electronics COB or perhaps the Earthquaker Tentacle. Any suggestions from the group.

I'm also wondering about the Tayda painted enclosures. Good, bad? That would save a painful step. Do you decal on top and clear coat?

Thanks all.

16. bugg

bugg Senior Member

Tayda's powdercoated enclosures are an excellent bargain.

Here's one I just finished up this weekend (in a Tayda enclosure).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. gbroadhurst

gbroadhurst Premium Member

Love it... :D

18. etzeppy

etzeppy Senior Member

That's a beautiful build there bugg.So neat and clean. What is it?

19. bugg

bugg Senior Member

Thanks! This one is a Klone.

I used waterslide decals (with clearcoat on top) on a lot of my earlier builds. It takes practice to get acceptable results... I was never completely happy with that method so I resorted to UV printing and laser engraving.

I used a rubber stamp for this one.

[​IMG]

20. etzeppy

etzeppy Senior Member

Very nice. My waterslides look fine from a distance. Not very pro up close though :)